Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 03:55 PM

Default 5/10 FH tables any good nowadays?

Back in the day when I was playing a crapload of 3/6 FH tables, the 5/10 tables were pretty much rock gardens. Been playing 5/10 SH for the past 2 months and I think i'm ready to come back... But i dont want to go back to 3/6, and doubt very much that i'm ready for 15/30.

So are 5/10 a 2+2 hangout? Or are there a solid # of fish donating there? Assume moderate table selection and I'll be 4 tabling and gradually pushing it up to 8 tables.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: 5/10 FH tables any good nowadays?

I 2-4 tabled it last month, and found it to be pretty good. Part of that may have been that my expectations were very low after hearing about how terrible 5/10 is here. I think you might have trouble finding 8 tables worth sitting at, especially at the low traffic times of day/week, but the game is eminently beatable.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:25 PM

Every limit is beatable for a player of adequate skill. Each limit is tougher than the one below, and easier than the one above. This is how it has always been and always will be.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every limit is beatable for a player of adequate skill. Each limit is tougher than the one below, and easier than the one above. This is how it has always been and always will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

...right
But there was always a big dropoff between 3/6 and 5/10, i'm asking for some more detail about how beatable it was...

Back before the massive growth of the 6max tables, 3/6 FH was an amazingly good game, but 5/10 was bad because most of the 5/10 tables were 6max. now that 3/6 has also been overrun by 6max, it seems like a lot of 2+2ers have gravitated away from full handed, and maybe the 5/10 tables are easier now than they were 4 months ago.

You really dont need to generalize stuff like that for me, i've been around for a long time.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...right
But there was always a big dropoff between 3/6 and 5/10, i'm asking for some more detail about how beatable it was...

Back before the massive growth of the 6max tables, 3/6 FH was an amazingly good game, but 5/10 was bad because most of the 5/10 tables were 6max. now that 3/6 has also been overrun by 6max, it seems like a lot of 2+2ers have gravitated away from full handed, and maybe the 5/10 tables are easier now than they were 4 months ago.

You really dont need to generalize stuff like that for me, i've been around for a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I generalize because it is true. Here you acknowledge its truth, then try to rationalize why it might not be so.

I played all those limits this sumemr and did well at them. Best advice is don't waste time speculating and check it our yourself. THen you'll know if your good enough to beat the game.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:52 PM

I wasnt trying to rationalize anything, I saw some things that may have significantly improved what was once a poor game, and asked if it actually happened.

You didnt answer me, you gave a broad obvious response.

You still havent answered me. Have the games improved in the last 4 months?
Old 09-19-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have the games improved in the last 4 months?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here I'll translate for you:

"no."

Stacy, feel free to correct me if this isn't what you're saying, but I know he's played them recently and believes they are beatable.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:16 PM

I think 5/10 full has improved quite a bit, actually. And don't fret about taking shots at 10/20 and 15/30 when the tables are particularly good.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:35 PM

Yes.

I can be found playing there donating large sums of money, it seems. Generally nights and weekends.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:25 AM

Hey DCW,

How did your experiment work out after you stopped berating the players?

Did your winrate improve? If so why do you want to go back to the full ring games?