Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Watched a guy lose 130BB in an hour (LC)

Playing at a partypoker .50/1.00 6max table tonight, a guy sat at the table with $3000 and proceeded to play every hand and raise every bet that came to him on all streets. To make sure no one missed the fact he was doing it, he kept typing in "I RAISE" over and over.

He was immediately to my left, not a bad place for me to have such a player, as I could bet or raise and be guaranteed he'd reraise. This should have gotten others to fold, but 2 of the other players were goofy calling stations who would cold call 3 bets preflop with most any 2 cards. Apparently they decided that since every hand would be raised preflop, they were going to play them all as if no raise had happened.

I was sure this guy was a high limit player who had dropped down to blow off some steam. He picked a bad time to do it, though, as his stats for the hour ended up being: went to showdown, nearly 100%, won at showdown: 17%.

And yes, he lost 130BB in an hour. I wouldn't have thought that was even possible.

The frustrating thing about it was that I only managed to end up 10BB ahead out of the whole thing. Hypermaniac with 100% vpip, infinite aggression, and a 75% VPIP goof cold calling 3bets with any 2 cards, and another equally loose goof calling every hand to the river, and I had to get unlucky and barely hit any flops. Any less than a 25BB win in this situation is unacceptable, damnit [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Watched a guy lose 130BB in an hour (LC)

I've seen 3 people with 10K sitting on .5/1 tables, capping every street to the river, then one, two, or all three open folding depending on if anyone else was in the hand.

Or the Turks on Fortune Poker who do nearly the same thing, but aren't playing to blow off steam, rather, they just play that way if it's .25/.5 or 3/6.

Allah bless em.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any less than a 25BB win in this situation is unacceptable, damnit

[/ QUOTE ]

you are one greedy bastard

these types of opponents can allow massive wins, but often are the most expensive sessions you play
Old 09-18-2005, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any less than a 25BB win in this situation is unacceptable, damnit

[/ QUOTE ]

you are one greedy bastard

these types of opponents can allow massive wins, but often are the most expensive sessions you play

[/ QUOTE ]

greedy? in 6 max i would want at least 50BB for me to be satisfied.

the swings these people make you go through to make $$$ is absurd for just 10BB.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:58 AM

$10 says its some rich chinese guy celebrating the moon festival. I was sitting at a 6max table between two people at .5/1 6max with stacks of $2K, vpip 30-40, aggression of ~50... quite the experience!
Old 09-18-2005, 07:35 AM

Nothing guarantees me a run of rag hands like having someone join the table with 150K (yes, it happened!) and start spewing chips.

There ain't no justice, I tells ya.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:35 AM

Its unfortunate you couldn't have got nice cards, but 10BB up is better than break even... many times you could be down 10BB+ to these "enraged high stakes players".

130BB makes mye 20BB loss seem so tiny.

Wonder if he'll blind steal later and get it back [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing at a partypoker .50/1.00 6max table tonight, a guy sat at the table with $3000 and proceeded to play every hand and raise every bet that came to him on all streets. To make sure no one missed the fact he was doing it, he kept typing in "I RAISE" over and over.

He was immediately to my left, not a bad place for me to have such a player, as I could bet or raise and be guaranteed he'd reraise. This should have gotten others to fold, but 2 of the other players were goofy calling stations who would cold call 3 bets preflop with most any 2 cards. Apparently they decided that since every hand would be raised preflop, they were going to play them all as if no raise had happened.

I was sure this guy was a high limit player who had dropped down to blow off some steam. He picked a bad time to do it, though, as his stats for the hour ended up being: went to showdown, nearly 100%, won at showdown: 17%.

And yes, he lost 130BB in an hour. I wouldn't have thought that was even possible.

The frustrating thing about it was that I only managed to end up 10BB ahead out of the whole thing. Hypermaniac with 100% vpip, infinite aggression, and a 75% VPIP goof cold calling 3bets with any 2 cards, and another equally loose goof calling every hand to the river, and I had to get unlucky and barely hit any flops. Any less than a 25BB win in this situation is unacceptable, damnit [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't I get a rich chinese maniac to be my sugar-daddy!?

I was sitting on some damn fine tables tonight and ended up down over 40bb. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Oh well....
Old 09-18-2005, 05:59 PM

Did anyone leave the table while he was there, or did everyone stay?