Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 10:39 AM

Default .5/1 6max KK hand

OK all I know this is .50/1 but micro didnt seem right for this question

EDIT: VIllain Is a LAP 55/13 PF AF of 1.14

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB calls, Hero ?
Old 09-15-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Re: .5/1 6max KK hand

I would call this and then check/call the river unimproved.

The reasoning is this....

1) I don't want to fold.
2) I think I am good here 50% of the time at best. I am thinking that the villan has something given the low PFAF. I would put him on a set, 2 pair, or a pair and a straight draw. I think that Q5, Q8, QT, J9, 55 and 88 are real possibilities, I am not putting the villian on TT or QQ as they would likely have raised PF.
3) If I want to show this down, and I don't think that I am good here more than 50% of the time, the only reason to bet is to get the opponent to fold, but if they are bluffing, then I don't see the big error in checking here, you get the same amount of money into the pot. Sure they will get a free card, but they are calling with any draw anyways, and the only card that you are really afraid of on the river is a A. You could raise to try and get a free showdown, but there is a chance that you get three bet, or donked on the river if they call the turn. Either way it is going to cost you more to get to showdown.

I am not very good at poker, but this is what I do.

Margon
Old 09-15-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: .5/1 6max KK hand

Call. You are probably beat, but can't be sure enough to fold.

ZZZ