Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 03:42 AM

Default 3/6 6max call down

No real reads here on villian but his stats are 40/5 after about 120 hands. Ive been getting bet into on turns like this so much and its confusing me. Would raising the turn here be better? Is calling the river ok?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB
Old 09-15-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: 3/6 6max call down

Raise or fold on the river I think. You are not winning with A-hi here nearly enough to just call. If you think you can fold him off a small pair, raise it up, otherwise bail.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:51 AM

just fold the river
Old 09-15-2005, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise or fold on the river I think. You are not winning with A-hi here nearly enough to just call. If you think you can fold him off a small pair, raise it up, otherwise bail.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if we can raise this river card.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:13 AM

If you callthe turn then you call the river as well. I don't think raising the river could be profitable
Old 09-15-2005, 08:44 AM

Wow, no pair folds this river, ever. Hate a raise on the river.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you callthe turn then you call the river as well. I don't think raising the river could be profitable

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you have to call the river? You're calling the turn with odds to hit a flush draw, you don't hit it, why see a showdown?
Old 09-15-2005, 08:54 AM

What does anyone think about raising the turn here? OP says he's been getting donked a lot. We already said that we are calling this down, plus we have flush draw so we make 1 more bet when we hit our flush?
Old 09-15-2005, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What does anyone think about raising the turn here? OP says he's been getting donked a lot. We already said that we are calling this down, plus we have flush draw so we make 1 more bet when we hit our flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what i was thinking. This donk bet seems to almost never be a king so i think we have little fear of a 3-bet unless the opponent is really aggresive. We might fold bottom pair or something else that beats us, and if we dont catch an ace queen or diamond we can check behind on the river.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:13 AM

I'd suggest raising the turn unless you're absolutely committed to folding the river UI anyway. If you want to see a showdown, raise the turn.

With luck, he'll fold right there. His turn bet was a test when the K fell as he now questions that you hit anything, a raise might convince him you really do have a hand.

If he just calls, you can bet on the river if you make your draw or check behind for the free showdown.

The only time this sucks is when he has a killer hand and 3-bets you on the turn. I'd guess this is rare enough though that the turn raise make sense.