Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Is this a cap on the flop?

Villain in this hand is 23.2/13.5/1.0 after only a couple hundred hands. I have seen him steal raise a little on the light side, and lately his steal raises have been coming from earlier and earlier positions as the game is pretty tight.

I want to know if capping the flop is the better move here? Thinking back it seems he can't have AA or KK (and probably not AK) due to the lack of a preflop cap. Also, what's my line on the turn after he checks this apparent brick?

Party Poker (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="red"> Villain raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Villain calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.5 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red">Villain bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="red">Villain 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, Hero ?.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:27 AM

Default Re: Is this a cap on the flop?

Personally I do not like a cap on the flop. He could very well have AK(s), 77, or AQ(s) here. There's also a small chance that he has AA/KK and did not cap PF for deception purposes. After he three bets u on the flop, I would just call down (bet if checked to). I would fold if he CRs this turn tho.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:39 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Is this a cap on the flop?

Since it's HU, I'd check behind on the turn. I'd hate to get c/r'ed here. He has to factor in your preflop 3 bet with a player in between and the fact you raised the flop on him. You've said you have at least a big ace and he 3 bet you.

However, if he's kind of LAGgy and you think he'd play this so far with a lesser ace, throw a bet out on the turn. But realize, if he raises you, you're going to showdown. Unless his turn raises are more define-able to his hand and he just likes screwing around on the small streets.

b