Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 08:47 AM

Default My line to aggressive?

In the 30+3 on PP last night, mid second hour, blinds 100/200, and I have 1.5k stack (m=5). I'm starting to look for spots to open up, and find A9o two off the button and decide immediately to push for the blinds assuming there wasn't big action before me. UTG+1 limps and has me covered, as do both blinds.

I still push, thinking I can get UTG+1 off of AJ, AQo, mid to low pockets etc. My M is low, but my stack still allows a 7x overbet, so I'm thinking I have FE.

Too aggressive? How worried should I be about UTG+1's limp? I'm thinking he has to put me on AQs+, 77-99+ and not a premium as I clearly don't want a flop, but likely aren't on a pure steal.

Thoughts?

Thanks

P
Old 09-13-2005, 08:55 AM

Default Re: My line to aggressive?

i don't think UTG+1 will be putting you on quite that strong of range, and i don't think your raise will get him off AQ..

That said, it probably isn't too aggressive.. you still have decent FE, even with the limper..buttt i think i pass this one up and do this to a pot that i'm the first into.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:07 AM

Thanks. Maybe I'm thinking they'll read too much into my play, or I'm thinking about how I'd interpret my play and am reading it wrong.

I've run into AA/KK early limpers a bit here and there, and often push at them from late position. My empircal data tends to indicate that over pushes late like this one are +ev for me, but I think I'm not giving enough credit to early limpers.

In this case, UTG+1 had 2600, I had 1500, and in his spot, assuming I limp AQo, I'm putting it down to a late position push. Obviously I'd be hoping to look up Ax under my Q, but many times will find pockets or other cards that leave me racing. Maybe I'm too tight, but would pass on that myself.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think UTG+1 will be putting you on quite that strong of range, and i don't think your raise will get him off AQ..

That said, it probably isn't too aggressive.. you still have decent FE, even with the limper..buttt i think i pass this one up and do this to a pot that i'm the first into.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the first paragraph, but not the second. It's really a judgment call.