Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 05:00 AM

Default Maybe my approach is wrong?

4 handed 10/20 Party 6max

I open on the button with Ac6c. Sb calls. he's loose preflop and has high agg post, but his aggression is hard to read b/c he makes some weird random moves that are -EV. he also calls down pretty loose. BB 3bets. i dont have enough hands for a solid read on him, but my notes say tricky and normal agg post. Its a very weak read though. I call and SB calls. Pot is 9 SB

Flop comes K63 rainbow no clubs.

BB leads. I raise. SB folds. BB 3bets. I call. Pot is 7.5 BB

Turn comes Qc.

BB bets. I fold.

I just wonder if i could have taken a different approach to the hand. I was thinking call flop, raise bb's potential turn bet. This line defines bb's hand better (if he 3bets turn, i believe i can fold / if he just calls then i can showdown which is good to develop my read / if he donks the river after calling me, then i should fold, but might not).

the line i took sort of leaves me wondering. at first i thought it was correct b/c I would like to fold out the SB. But i would not like to put myself in a situation where i am folding the best hand against the BB.

basically b/c i dont know enough about BB, I think a call flop/raise turn plan is more likely to get me to showdown without paying too much, and it makes me more comfortable if i end up laying down. the risk i incur would be potentially letting SB peel with a 6 outer. thoughts?

btw i want to post more. and i was wondering: in general, should i or sholud i not include most of my thoughts in the first post? I included them this time just to be safe

Thanks
Old 09-12-2005, 05:09 AM

Default Re: Maybe my approach is wrong?

Nah, you did just fine.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Maybe my approach is wrong?

its not a very pretty turn, otherwise im inclined to call down.