Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Okay, WTF

I've been a consistent winner at Absolute Poker and Poker Room for the past 4 months at 1/2 with over 40,000 hands under my belt. This is at both 6-max and full ring. I've read a couple of great books and feel like I'm developing a pretty deep understanding of the game.

Once, a couple months ago, I threw 150 into Party and starting playing their lowest limits and I busted out real quick. I figured it was just bad luck, but quickly went back to my old sites. Recently I decided to put a few hundred bucks back into Party and try it again. I've had KK 3 times so far and every time they've been busted by an ace on the river. 3 out of the 4 times I've had AA I've had them cracked by a straight on the river. I've flopped 2 A-high flushes with a Q my hand, only to have another of the suit come on the river both times, giving my lone opponent who has the K an even higher flush. I've had countless other bad beats, and they seem to come nonstop, in both full ring and 6-max. The amazing thing is, all these bad beats seem to come on the river so that the pots get huge and the house seems to make a lot of money off the rake. I've read dozens of forum posts where people say Party is rigged, and they get shot down by a bunch of people who are apparently big winners at higher limits anyways. It seems to me this would not be as much of a problem at higher limits, since people tend not to chase their overcards to the river. Certainly the argument that Party Poker would not want to scare away their customers with bad beats is suspect, since most people at the lower limits expect to lose money anyways (since they suck), and since the extra rake would represent an enormous extra profit for Party. There would also be some added player retention with those players who tend to chase. I've tried real hard to believe all the people who say that this is wrong, but seriously, without any of the smartass answers I'm bound to get anyways, what would you think if you were in my shoes? I'm certainly open to any advice anybody can give me.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Okay, WTF

Play at empire?
Old 09-12-2005, 01:17 AM

Yeah, real deep understanding. Just stick to the other sites and you will make tons of money.

By the way, party raised the rake rates for 6max games at the beginning of this month. Why didn't they just raise the bad-beat-o-thon-2000?
Old 09-12-2005, 01:17 AM

Here's a piece of advice for ya: FUUUUUUCK YOU!!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 01:19 AM

party poker is rigged!

seriously man ive been more successful at other sites also, but the idea that the largest internet poker site in the world is rigged to make a larger rake perctage is a little silly. what is your sample size? i still whore party out and in no way believe it is rigged, more W-horable people=+EV and more bad beats...
Old 09-12-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a piece of advice for ya: FUUUUUUCK YOU!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys don't have to be assholes about this. I'm willing to learn, but I'm hoping somebody will have something constructive to offer, instead of just cussing me out.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:20 AM

More bad players (Party) means more bad beats (Party). Also, it means more profit for you (long run), as long as you play solid poker. But admittedly, it does suck in the short run. Of course, if you have less confidence when playing at Party, don't do it. Just because some have success there does not mean you will. Play where you are comfortable and have a proven track record. I find myself getting in trouble when chasing bonuses, and going away from my "home" sites.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
party poker is rigged!

seriously man ive been more successful at other sites also, but the idea that the largest internet poker site in the world is rigged to make a larger rake perctage is a little silly. what is your sample size? i still whore party out and in no way believe it is rigged, more W-horable people=+EV and more bad beats...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Stu, good point. What's your sample size to show that it isn't rigged? It is within the realm of possibility. Not likely, but possible. I always consider the "Party is Rigged" camp to be in the same paranoid (and ignorant, perhaps) group that claim Bush stole the election in 2000.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:27 AM

my sample size on party is only like 90,000 so i cant say its not rigged. i just dont see a company making 640 mil. last year and growing at an extensive rate to be shaving rake.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:28 AM

Sounds to me that for some reason the Party DOOM SWITCH is stuck for you. Have you tried logging in and out about 50 times very quickly? That's the only way sometimes I can get the DOOM SWITCH to reset.