Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 10:10 AM

Default Wondering why I peel

BB is a bit laggish here, I really dont have much on him after 50 hands other than he is aggressive and can overplay. SB is pretty LP but only 30 hands on him.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

River: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 09-11-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Wondering why I peel

Considering the gutshot, the back door flush and the implied odds when you hit, I think the odds you are getting for this peel on the flop are good.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:27 AM

You played it right. Pretty standard IMO. You had the odds to call the flop with at least 5.5 sure outs (4 + 1.5 for Backdoor flush) and getting 7:1. On the turn, you probably have the best hand (and definitely should bet) when they both check it to you. And the river call is a must in that pot HU.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, you probably have the best hand (and definitely should bet) when they both check it to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really bad assumption.

[ QUOTE ]
And the river call is a must in that pot HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ridiculous.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:06 PM

Well played. What is in question?

Flop you definetly need to call.
Turn might be close but with both checking you have to make them pay for there gutshot, flush draw, Q9

River is thin but has to be called, LP most likely has you beat but they throw some weird bets in sometimes. Even if EV= you gain info.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:10 PM

I agree, I would consider checking behind the turn.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, you probably have the best hand (and definitely should bet) when they both check it to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really bad assumption.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is really becoming a pet peeve of mine.

I really wish that if people are going to disagree with the opinions stated in the thread that they actually try to provide some analysis. I honestly think it would make for a better forum.

Then again, I suppose people do look cooler when they just disagree and leave it at that.

I don't think this hand is completely obvious.

-Brian
Old 09-11-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really wish that if people are going to disagree with the opinions stated in the thread that they actually try to provide some analysis. I honestly think it would make for a better forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fantastic point. Thank you for making that comment.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:37 PM

I think the flop play is pretty close, but with the backdoor draw and the fact that your king will be good once in a blue moon, I like a call here. SB will probably call, 'cause he's loose, and I expect I can make up 2.5 SBs pretty easily if I hit.

The turn leaves you in a weird situation. I think you have to ask yourself if either of these players are the sort to bet the flop and then c/r the turn with an ace. If so, I probably check. If not, I probably bet.

Of course, the real problem is SB, who could very well just be calling along with Ax. But the river donkbet is weird. Maybe he hit 2 pair on the river. Maybe he has JT. Maybe he's trying a weird steal, which I have seen, even from LPs at 3/6. They bet weird stuff.

In any event, I probably bet this turn the same as you, possibly with the intent of taking a free showdown. On the river...well, these are folds I should probably be making? But I probably call and hate it.

I'd love to hear other analysis.
-Brian
Old 09-11-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really bad assumption.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would certainly assume I have the best hand when it's checked to me on the turn. To assume anything else is quite weak thinking.

While the river call is probably close, it isn't ridiculous. The river card doesn't complete any draw and only improves hands like A9/K9/99 (etc), so the river lead by SB can be many busted draws and one last stab at the pot.