Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 07:05 PM

Default PLO8, is this enough of a hand to play for my stack?

$400 PL Omaha Hi/Lo
CO ( $267.05 ), SB ( $458.52 ), UTG+1 ( $489.55 ),
UTG+2 ( $585.78 ), MP3 ( $824.73 ), MP2 ( $276.25 ),
MP1 ( $468.70 ), BB ( $858.55 ), UTG ( $205.15 ),
Hero ( $382 )

Hero is BUT with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
++--++

SB posts $2.
BB posts $4.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls $4, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero raises $18,
SB calls $16, BB calls $14, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>

<font color="blue">Flop</font>: (55.10) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks.
BB checks.
Hero bets $55.10.
SB raises $220.40.
BB folds.
Hero ??
Old 09-10-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: PLO8, is this enough of a hand to play for my stack?

Maybe I shouldn't comment as I don't know the PLO8 game well, but in my opinion you overplayed the hand.
A low 2 Pair as a high hand is kinda rinky dink and your low draw was hurt when the 2 came out.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I shouldn't comment as I don't know the PLO8 game well, but in my opinion you overplayed the hand.
A low 2 Pair as a high hand is kinda rinky dink and your low draw was hurt when the 2 came out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhat overplayed, but overall I like it, but as far as getting reraised, well thats a laydown without question, anything that is raising you has you in bad shape, there are only two hands that are going to raise you in this spot, As/3s/X/X or Q/Q/X/X, both hands have you in terrible shape, the As/3s is a favorite over your hand and the Q/Q is a favorite over your hand, either way your behind in the hand, itd fold.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhat overplayed, but overall I like it, but as far as getting reraised, well thats a laydown without question, anything that is raising you has you in bad shape, there are only two hands that are going to raise you in this spot, As/3s/X/X or Q/Q/X/X, both hands have you in terrible shape, the As/3s is a favorite over your hand and the Q/Q is a favorite over your hand, either way your behind in the hand, itd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where was there ever a reraise in this hand? Get your terminology straight.

ES, this depends on the player, as usual--if he's the type with VPIP&lt;25 and PFR&lt;6, then I'd probably give it up, otherwise I push. Doubtful he's got you both ways, you are probably both just freerolling the other.

Barring any reads, I push.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:41 PM

'It depends'

These questions are impossible to answer with the miniscule amount of information you provide about the game and the opponents in question. The pathetic hiding of screen names just makes it even harder. If you want help, then do yourself a favour and actually provide some useful information so that you can get some.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this depends on the player, as usual

Doubtful he's got you both ways, you are probably both just freerolling the other.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-11-2005, 06:01 PM

emptyshell - I don't understand the nuances of pot limit Omaha-8. But maybe I have a slightly different perspective that might be useful to you.

I don't know. It's probably obvious to you and is too trivial to mention.

But if I were sitting in SB's shoes, when you bet the $55 on the flop, I'd strongly suspect you were trying to steal the pot.

I'm not sure how often you bet this way, and the frequency would affect my thinking somewhat, but even if you are usually more cautious, I'd still suspect you of trying to steal this pot.

I'd guess that might also be how SB sees it.

Buzz
Old 09-12-2005, 01:09 AM

Well, since it's unlikely that I end up in this exact situation against the same opponent in the future, I was hoping for rules and reasoning for deciding on the appropriate action (like Wintermute helpfully provided.) As for this hand, the opponent was a relative unknown to me.

Of course, I understand if you don't have any interest in such abstract debates.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:02 PM

Don't bet so much on the flop. Your hand is only good for stealing the pot. If you call that raise, you should be fed some weeds because you, sir, are a donkey.