Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 10:12 PM

Default KK hand

3-6 NL 6 max,
I have 1K villian has me covered,
I am in the SB with red kings, villian opens in the co for 20, button calls, I make it 75 they both call.

flop is 3c6c9s, pot is about 230,
I bet 250, Co calls, button folds.

turn is 2c
I push, he insta-calls,

comments
thanks
dave.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: KK hand

I like reraising a little more preflop. $80-90 or so.

Flop bet, good.

Turn bet, I dunno. I've got no problem with pushing a non-club turn, but the club is ugly with red kings. Know thy opponent, I guess.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:36 AM

Preflop play and turn play is fine. I would check the turn and try and see the end of the hand as cheaply as possible especially without the King of clubs.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:48 AM

isn't that just asking for a push. i mean maybe not and he may push some hands he would call with, but i mean is he really calling a pot sized bet on the flop with a club draw? i guess AcKc is possible, but unless he is sure he is going to get my stack it is a bad call. that obv. doesn't mean he would fold a club draw, however, is a club draw usaully calling on that flop? also isn't his play more in like with QQ, JJ, KK, TT or AA? something like that? Fianlly i don't see how the rest is not going in unless it goes check, check, on both the turn and the river.
i am sure most of this is obv stuff so thanks for walking me through it.
dave
Old 09-10-2005, 04:30 AM

i have posted about this several times, but u are asking for real trouble making a this weak raise oop with a 150bb+ behind....that is unless u frequently reraise pf oop. judging solely by the qj button post, i am guessing no. you are not charging this idiot enough for the information u are giving him about your hand.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:03 AM

Looks good. FWIW, a club draw will call a pot-sized bet on the flop 100% of the time. But, if that's what he has, oh well. Hopefully he had black TT or something.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
isn't that just asking for a push. i mean maybe not and he may push some hands he would call with, but i mean is he really calling a pot sized bet on the flop with a club draw? i guess AcKc is possible, but unless he is sure he is going to get my stack it is a bad call. that obv. doesn't mean he would fold a club draw, however, is a club draw usaully calling on that flop? also isn't his play more in like with QQ, JJ, KK, TT or AA? something like that? Fianlly i don't see how the rest is not going in unless it goes check, check, on both the turn and the river.
i am sure most of this is obv stuff so thanks for walking me through it.
dave

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to give him credit for having a BIG clubs draw if he has a clubs draw. It's going to be AK, AQ, KQ, that kind of thing. So if he's on clubs, he's going to have his club outs that he KNOWS are good, and probably will think he has pair outs too, which will allow him to call your pot bet on the flop.