Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Make this crying call on the river?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero ?.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Make this crying call on the river?

yes i think you must call it here. He could do this with trip K, AA, or AJ. He might even do this with nothing thinking you've missed as well. You'll lose alot of times but winning just once makes up for it.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:14 PM

The decision of whether or not to make this call is highly player dependent. Did you have any reads, or did you just want us to give you a lame answer that wouldn't help you at all?
Old 09-09-2005, 06:22 PM

I had a read that was based on 45 hands. He didn't do anything that stood out. That's usually the case. Generally there's maybe 1 or 2 players that I have a read on at any given table because the turnover is so rapid, I only rarely run into the same players, and most times the sample is too small to be in any way meaningful.

Seriously, I can understand that reads are of great importance in decision making when you have one, but most of the time you aren't going to have a good one at PP unless you do relentless stat accumulation. Even then, the players' skill levels change as the weeks pass.

So I guess the question is given the "average" player do I make this crying call?
Old 09-09-2005, 06:24 PM

Call and expect to lose.

Edit: It's pretty darn close though.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:25 PM

I call
Old 09-09-2005, 06:34 PM

Yea, I use the 10-1 rule as the default against unknown players, but I doubt I am winning money in those situations. I think perhaps you are better off folding unless the odds are even greater than 10-1 or you have read on the player as a bluffer/maniac.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:41 PM

Yes, and thank villain for not punishing you with his flopped trips [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, and thank villain for not punishing you with his flopped trips [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
How could he have punished him any worse? If you call the river and he has them, you lose the maximum.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:51 PM

I'm calling here.