Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Playing \"Weak\"-tight in Party 100 NL 6 max

I started playing 100 NL 6 max tables two weeks ago and decided to start it out very tight to evade big mistakes and to learn the basics of the game. Super tight game worked so well that I sticked to it. My VPIP is about 17%:

+ at least 1 or 2 players at the table give me values, no matter how obvious the strength of my hand is
+ those (1-2 persons) who don't give values try to bluff me out of the pot so frequently that I more than make it up for the times I give it up

I try not to collide with really good players who of course know what I'm doing. I don't try to say that this is good way to play these games nor try to claim that I'm a winning player in 100 NL 6 max. But it FEELS like a good strategy to play these.

Has anybody else had similar experiences?
Old 09-09-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Playing \"Weak\"-tight in Party 100 NL 6 max

I used to wonder where all the manaics had gone from the Party $25's full ring. The answer is that they have all graduated to 6 max (and seemingly the $100 tables). I saw some play at Prima last night that made my hair stand on end - re-raise 25xBB with A8o pre-flop? Sure... all in with KJ0 vs A3o .. of course etc..

It can be very hard to outmuscle maniacs and so full 'bear-hunt' mode is the way to go if your table has a couple.

That means weak-tight and patient has to be a succesful strategy in that environment if done right..