Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Would the table stacks play into your desicion?

Live MTT tournament, blinds 200-400, average stack a little over 5000, average stack at my table 3500, this is the third table I've been moved too and only been at this table for about 30 minutes. I have 4600 chips 2nd at the table, UTG+1 is the only one who has me covered with like 5500.

UTG+1 raises to 800
Hero MP(QQ) re-raises 1600
SB calls
UTG+1 pushes, SB is itching to put his chips in, I'm not worried because he's pretty clueless, but UTG+1 is just one of those super tight poor post flop players whos only pushing in this situation with AA, KK, maybe AK. I have a chance to almost triple up with the SB call, which makes it 3:1 pot odds, if I fold I have 7.5 BB. Even knowing I'll only have 7.5 BB if I fold I'm no worse off then the majority of the table does that make this fold more sensible?
Old 09-08-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Would the table stacks play into your desicion?

It sound like you've got a decent amount of chips. UTG+1 (supertight) minraised and then pushed your reraise, and SB has the AA fever. I posted something like this a month ago and everyone told me to fold. They were right.