Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 08:40 AM

Default AQ

Villian 44/7/6 WTSD 30 150 hands
Others where pretty loose, pretty passive

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font> CO checks, Hero?

And whats my river plan?
Old 09-08-2005, 08:46 AM

Default Re: AQ

I think I just check the turn and call any river bet. Bet if checked to when I hit a 3/Q/A. Raise a 3 if bet into.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:32 PM

I think you should bet and take the free showdown. Too often the donk means a 3, or 2 clubs.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should bet and take the free showdown. Too often the donk means a 3, or 2 clubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you pay as much for the showdown by check/call river or bet/check river. In the second instance it may get raised on the turn or someone may bet the river.

You want to see the river here as your hand has some value and you may improve to a winning hand so I check and get there cheaply.

Another idea is, can you fold to a check/raise? If no then unless your hand has value (likely to be best which I dont see here) check it. Not worth the risk of paying 3 bets to see showdown rather than 1
Old 09-08-2005, 04:40 PM

you cant fold to a check-raise because the pot is huge and you have an asston of outs.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you cant fold to a check-raise because the pot is huge and you have an asston of outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Therefore check the turn. My point was general and not being specific about this hand
Old 09-08-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Therefore check the turn. My point was general and not being specific about this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

You are overthinking the donk bet. It is rarely a monster. And I mean VERY VERY rarely. he needs a monster to check-raise you.

This donk bet to me means:

any two clubs, any 3, any pair (but not two pair or a set). do an analysis and you'll find that it's true for the most part.

the times you are checkraised is made up for by the times you are good in this hand.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:53 PM

First of all, I love that you punished the limp reraiser. [censored] him.

I bet the turn, since this donk dosn't at all mean you have the worst hand. I've seen naked Aces due this plenty. I think it's pretty unlikely you get check-raised on the turn. If you do, call and fold the river unimproved.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the times you are checkraised is made up for by the times you are good in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I was trying to say, without actually saying it. Good post.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:58 PM

The question is also; will co fold anything at all, like 78d or whatever if we bet the turn? and how high will his folding go?