Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 05:08 PM

Default AQo

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.
Final Pot: 12.50 BB
SB is 17/7 with a post flop aggression of 1.33. UTG+1 is an idiot, so don't worry about him. I think the turn raise was a mistake because villain isn't betting out QQ or KK on that board. Or any other hands I beat for that matter. Agree, disagree?
Old 09-07-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: AQo

Bet the river.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:11 PM

Your hand isn't so good that you can wait for the turn to raise, especially since SB won't always lead again with his worst hands. Raise the flop, planning to lead the turn - fold to an SB checkraise, else bet the river.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:13 PM

fwiw, i was advocating the turn raise as i was right over crazygoose's shoulder on this one.

i can see sb betting out KK and QQ 2x here, so i like the turn raise. if he calls you check behidn the river. if you are ahead, he's out of there, you dont want him in there if he's got a gutshot draw. if he folds, you can value bet the idiot on the river.

stealthcow-
Old 09-07-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, i was advocating the turn raise as i was right over crazygoose's shoulder on this one.

i can see sb betting out KK and QQ 2x here, so i like the turn raise. if he calls you check behidn the river. if you are ahead, he's out of there, you dont want him in there if he's got a gutshot draw. if he folds, you can value bet the idiot on the river.

stealthcow-

[/ QUOTE ]

SB has odds to call turn raise with a gutshot.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is really bad advice
Old 09-07-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is really bad advice

[/ QUOTE ]

Stealth read my reply to your other thread and you will realize its not.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:33 PM

Raise the flop. The turn raise here is yuck. If he already has you beat he's going to reraise the turn; if you have him beat he'll call down the turn and the river after you pump the flop. You are only missing one SB by raising the flop instead of the turn, but you're saving yourself a lot when actually does have AK, two pair or a set. If you're raised on the flop I think I'd call down, expecting to fold the turn unless you pick up the broadway draw, two pair or another ace.

As played you need to bet the river. Why would you possibly raise the turn and then be afraid of another 10 on the river?
Old 09-07-2005, 05:36 PM

Because he's not calling a turn raise with QQ or KK...I think that narrows it down.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because he's not calling a turn raise with QQ or KK...I think that narrows it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Small Blind is getting 10.5:1 to call the turn raise I do not understand why you and Stealth think he is going to fold here with QQ or KK.