Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Questions about internet sites

I have 2 questions about very improbable circumstances that occurred at 2 different sites, one while I was playing $2/$4 on Full Tilt, the (I assume lady by her user name) was dealt pocket aces 4 out of 5 consecutive hands. I find this to be a mathematical improbability of the highest.

The second incident was on Pacific Poker, where during a 35 person tournament, where several hundred hands were played, I never was dealt even one pair or, get this, only one face card, a jack. I don't want to be paranoid, but this seems more than highly suspect.

When I play the free money games, I win 1st or 2nd almost every time and am dealt great cards, but in money games, it is a totally different story.

Does anyone else have any similar experiences and if so, what did you do about them?
Old 09-07-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Questions about internet sites

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else have any similar experiences and if so, what did you do about them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been sitting in my closet, in the dark, for the last 72 hours muttering online poker is rigged, online poker is rigged, online poker is . . .
Old 09-07-2005, 02:33 PM

don't play. yes, it's that easy.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:37 PM

I believe you should hook yourself up to your very own "Suicide Machine"
Old 09-07-2005, 02:39 PM

1 - It would be even more improbable if it never ever happened.
2 - The last 5 hands I was dealt were: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. That sequence is much more unlikely than what you saw. I guess it IS rigged [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2005, 02:48 PM

DrKevorkian,

To summarize, the good folks here have seen too many "rigged" posts and are tired of answering them. I'm a newbie myself, but I've read what's going on around here. If you search, you can find topics about this very subject.

There have been tests done comparing 500K+ deals with real cards vs online cards, and the mathematical expectancy of what is dealt is the same online as it is in the real world.

Being dealt an AA right after being dealt an AA in the previous hand isn't so alarming - same odds as being dealt any other two cards.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Being dealt an AA right after being dealt an AA in the previous hand isn't so alarming - same odds as being dealt any other two cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not true.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's absolutely true. The odds of being dealt, say, As Ad in two consecutive hands are EXACTLY the same as the odds of being dealt As Ad in one hand and 7s 2d in the next.

AA in and of itself is no more rare than any other specific starting hand.

Of course, the fact that we're probably debating over a troll is another thing entirely (methinks with his nick he's waiting for a YSSCKY).
Old 09-07-2005, 04:12 PM

Well, to answer, and I do appreciate all the smart ass comments by the way, I am not new to poker. I am new to online poker. I am not a great poker player, I do it more for relaxation than to attempt to make money, although I would like to break even. I asked what I thought was a legitimate question as to whether or not anyone else had experienced what I hope are these types of anomalies before during online play.

I made no accusations, I stated that I felt these circumstances were very odd leading me to believe either something is wrong or I am just the most unlucky person alive (which apparently I am not, when it comes to playing at real tables). I wanted to know if others had seen this type thing before, but what I got what sarcasm.

My only reason for even coming to this site was out of respect for David Sklansky. Simply because I have read every poker book he has written.

Thanks again for the help and concern.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, the fact that we're probably debating over a troll is another thing entirely (methinks with his nick he's waiting for a YSSCKY).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what this means, but I'm sure it's something I would love to punch you in the mouth over!