Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 12:35 PM

Default low buy in PS MTT\'s

at the 1,2 and 3 dollar buy in MTT's that stars hosts daily what percentage of the time can a solid player cash assuming his goal is to win the tourney and not simply cash every time? Assume 1,000 people start with the standard 1,500 in chips with blinds rising every fifteen minutes...
given the generally poor play id imagine a solid player could cash up to 20% of the time and final table up to maybe 5%...what do y'all think?
-Mario
Old 09-06-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: low buy in PS MTT\'s

i play a bunch of them..

and maybe i dont take all of them seriously but

ststs for them:

ITM 13.2
FT 7.4
ROI 780%

only through 65 so far.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:23 PM

10% ITM for any MTT you play 1k or more is the accepted average I believe.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:25 PM

I played three of these last week for the first time, just for fun. The first one I played was 45 people and I went up in smoke.

The other two were 18 player turbos and I got a first and a second. Obviously, over time I'd probably not do anything like that, but I noticed that on the turbos the play was so horrible it was like the killing fields. At that level competition was non-existant and it seemed like the turbo blind structure really exagerated bad play approaching and at the bubble. I think they're fun, though it's a lot of work for fifteen bucks.

I also found that winning did not give me a great deal of satisfaction, because my warped reasoning dictates I should have been playing my usual $11 sng and I would have collected more and not "used up all my good karma" on the cheapies.

I know, I have issues.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:35 PM

those 45 person ones are just SnG's.. i dont think thats what the OP was talking about.

He's talking abuot the multi table ones with 1500 people
Old 09-06-2005, 04:57 PM

hmm Im not really sure, but 10-15% of the time is always a good number.. although the players are probably worse, luck probably increases a little bit with so many people chasing..

I kinda like the idea of the 1 buck tourneys on stars with a large field though.. when the top prize is 200-300 dollars, you can try 100 times and only have to win once to triple your investment. (and that's excluding the small cashes).. Good way of building up a bankroll for bigger tourneys.. although it is a bit of a time-consumer, but low-risk-moderate reward is not a bad line to start with and get experience