Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 08:46 PM

Default US Open, scrichapan vs sanguinetti

Is anyone watching this? Sanguinetti has the worst body language of any pro athlete ive ever seen. Not very impressive. The match is ridiculous though, 4+ hours, 6-5 in the 5th, both guys have no gas left and are just lobbing the ball. its on usa, i recommend watching it.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Re: US Open, scrichapan vs sanguinetti

Srichaphan looks like he's got some left. Sanguinetti looks like a corpse.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:51 PM

yeah. i love the ace by scrichapan to win the 6th game. dirt off your shoulders.

seriously, how can a pro athlete flail his arms like that and mope so much? body language is really important, this guy is playing the end of the 5th in the pinnacle of his career and look at him.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:54 PM

And he's down. He might want to think about not winning this match. He can barely stand up.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And he's down. He might want to think about not winning this match. He can barely stand up.

[/ QUOTE ]

man that pissed me off. how can a professional take himself seriously and act like that?

he had some amazing points though. but the way he celebrated after the point he won to get to 5-2 was a joke. thats one thing that really pisses me off.

I acted like that when I was 14 and 15. then i realized if youre going to be a serious player, you dont act like that. I play squash not tennis though.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:41 PM

Going to the crowd and hugging your family after winning a first-week match is pretty lame too. For a second there I thought it was a final. I know the guy is probably passed out already and wasn't thinking too clearly, but someone should have whispered to him, "Hey, uh, yeah, that was a THIRD round match and you are in Federer's bracket. You may want to celebrate some other time."
Old 09-04-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Going to the crowd and hugging your family after winning a first-week match is pretty lame too. For a second there I thought it was a final. I know the guy is probably passed out already and wasn't thinking too clearly, but someone should have whispered to him, "Hey, uh, yeah, that was a THIRD round match and you are in Federer's bracket. You may want to celebrate some other time."

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, im pretty old school about stuff like this. all the standing and lying on the ground that players do in the middle of the court after matches, its not very impressive. i dont fault him for being pumped, he won a insanely long match and getting to the 4th round of the US open will probably be a career highlight, but most players need to take it to a little lower key. especially the way he acted during the 5ht set, all the flailing about and bitching to the ref. i hate that.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:00 PM

Default Federer vs Rochus

Rochus is 5'5" with a little bit of a belly, and he is giving Federer all he can handle.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Federer vs Rochus

[ QUOTE ]
Rochus is 5'5" with a little bit of a belly, and he is giving Federer all he can handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

tons of errors by federer from what ive seen, ive been switching back and forth. tons of errors relative to federers gold standard, that is.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Federer vs Rochus

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone noticed Federer having a little belly now?