Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Chertoff: Katrina scenario did not exist

This guy is as bad as Brown. These two idiots need to be flogged. I've been to NOLA three times and you can't sit at a bar without hearing someone say 'this place is screwed if a hurricane hits' The scenarios were mentioned on the news a hundred times in the days before it made landfall.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/03/kat...off/index.html

Chertoff, fielding questions from reporters, said government officials did not expect both a powerful hurricane and a breach of levees that would flood the city of New Orleans.

"That 'perfect storm' of a combination of catastrophes exceeded the foresight of the planners, and maybe anybody's foresight," Chertoff said.

He called the disaster "breathtaking in its surprise."
Old 09-04-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Re: Chertoff: Katrina scenario did not exist

I thought it was common knowledge that this scenario existed? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] It almost seems like they've got us caught in a bad joke or something. No way these people are this dumb. :/
Old 09-04-2005, 03:23 AM

I agree...this is crap and a half. I've lived in the Gulf Coast my entire life...New Orleans being below sea level and in big trouble if a large hurricane hits it was, in my mind, common knowledge to pretty much everyone down here.

I'm getting to the point with politicians where a simple apology would do wonders. I'm so sick of this spin doctor bullcrap that comes out of every politician's mouth, be they Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Green, Reform, or whatever. When they [censored] up, for once, I would like them to look into the camera, and say, "I [censored] up. I'm trying to make it better, and it won't happen again, but I [censored] up on this one." Plain and simple.

Ugh.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:43 PM

In general I'm not one for "stopping the bleeding." I think the people in charge need to take the blame and here I feel like Bush really screwed up. But it looks like ever worse than Bush is Chertoff. He screwed up so royally that he better be fired.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:49 PM

Water flows downhill? We didn't know, what a complete surprise. It as a complete shock. Who could have anticipated such an event?
Old 09-04-2005, 02:14 PM

They have played a very interesting piece today on CNN's Headline News, which I'm sure will be repeated many times during the day as they usually do will all their produced little segments. It shows Brown and Chertoff saying a bunch of things this week to try to take the heat off themselves. Then they show TV interviews or other facts and things from well before the hurricane that directly contradict all their current B.S. It's really interesting and along the lines of this article. But seeing them on TV with all this B.S. coming directly from their mouth is very powerful and I'm sure just scratches the surface of what kinds of things will be exposed by the media in weeks and months to come.