Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Playing 1010 against an unexpected push on the turn

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP1 ($126.05)
MP2 ($48.50)
MP3 ($20.70)
CO ($50)
Hero ($46)
SB ($46.25)
BB ($86.56)
UTG ($55.80)
UTG+1 ($47.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
5 folds</font>, CO (poster) raises to $1.5</font>, Hero raises to $4</font>, SB (poster) calls $3.75, i]1 fold[/i]</font>, CO calls $2.

Flop: ($12.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
SB checks, CO bets $11</font>, Hero raises to $22</font>, SB folds, CO calls $11.

Turn: ($56.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
CO bets $24 (All-In), Hero calls $20 (All-In).
Villain hesitated before making this push until clock was down to 15 sec.

River: ($100.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $100.50

I had no reads on villain as this was his first hand at the table. Any and all comments are appreciated. Thanks.

JC
Old 09-04-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Playing 1010 against an unexpected push on the turn

Raise more on the flop if your going to raise. I pop it to $30 there or fold.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:25 AM

If you decide you are going to the felt with this hand, your minraise on the flop does nothing. Either push right there or call him down. What exactly do you think that you are beating here that raised preflop, was raised preflop, led the flop, called a raise, then still led the turn. 88? If you decide you ain't folding this hand no matter what, push the flop. If he's a nit, maybe he folds JJ. I think you are beat here at least 90% of the time tho.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:44 AM

The min raise on the flop was to guage the strength of his
hand. I felt his raise as first in as co could be a steal
attempt with a less than premium hand. His action on the flop also made me question the possibility of a large overpair or small set -- why would he lead with a bet of $11 if he truly held a very strong hand. I would expect a set to either bet small to induce a raise from me or a check raise all in if my flop bet was large. And if he held a big overpair, two pair, set etc. why wouldn't he push reraise on the flop instead of calling and then going with a weird lead out push on the turn? I thought about the call for quite a while on the turn and felt that 77 or A7s would play this way.

JC
Old 09-04-2005, 01:48 AM

Even if your trying to get info on his hand a mini raise doesnt do it. What happens if he puts you all in? Are you folding your last $20?
Old 09-04-2005, 01:56 AM

I fold even if he puts in another min reraise. If he is willing to put in another $38 (all in) or even $22 of his own money against a preflop reraiser who has raised him on the flop to a total of $22 he has me beaten the vast vast majority of the time. I fold, save my $20 and hit the rebuy button.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:02 AM

If your going to fold to his mini reraise fold the turn.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:37 PM

I would just like a little more of a consensus on this hand. If his betting progression hadn't been so out of the ordinary I wouldn't have called his turn bet, but the way he played the hand made me believe he didn't want a call. Is this really a position that you would expect to be behind 90% of the time, and what hands would you put him on if I was behind that he might play this way. Thanks.

JC
Old 09-04-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The min raise on the flop was to guage the strength of his
hand. I felt his raise as first in as co could be a steal
attempt with a less than premium hand. His action on the flop also made me question the possibility of a large overpair or small set -- why would he lead with a bet of $11 if he truly held a very strong hand. I would expect a set to either bet small to induce a raise from me or a check raise all in if my flop bet was large. And if he held a big overpair, two pair, set etc. why wouldn't he push reraise on the flop instead of calling and then going with a weird lead out push on the turn? I thought about the call for quite a while on the turn and felt that 77 or A7s would play this way.

JC

[/ QUOTE ]

assuming he reasons a certain way on the first hand with him is a mistake. if you beat only a bluff and you have no reads its an easy fold. JJ and QQ particularly will play like this. Most times people at 50NL won't try to run a bluf that far, if they do add them to your buddy list. Also, don't minraise that flop. Re-raising keeps most better hands and commits your stack (raising a real amount that is), and calling gives a chance for missed overs to hit. This isn't a good situation to be in and I probably toss it on the flop until I have a read
Old 09-07-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Results

** Dealing River ** [ 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
CO shows [ J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ] high card jack.
Hero Shows [ T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ] a pair of tens.
Hero wins $93.50 from the main pot with a pair of tens.