Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 08:27 PM

Default My name is PokerBob, and 10/20 abuses me

i was convinced by a friend to play 10/20. it is the next logical step. i have the roll (or did) and was doing well at 5/10 (2.5bb/100 over my last 45K hands). needless to say it hasn't gone as well as i had hoped. the graph below is my last 3 days. i am running a bit bad, but i gotta believe there is more to it than that. the lagtards are really messing me up, as they 3-bet all the time and now i am stuck OOP with a hand like AJo on an xxx board. if anyone has any words of advice on how to deal with these nuts, i'd love to hear them. thanks.

vpip - 22.9
pfr - 15.5
att2steal - 31.5
wenttoSD - 33.7
won$SD - 47.9
foldSBtoSt - 85
foldBBtoSt - 63

agg:
flop - 2.7
turn - 2.63
river - 1.37
total - 2.36

folded to river bet - 41%

Old 09-02-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: My name is PokerBob, and 10/20 abuses me

a little too tight though not by much, depends on who you believe though. You're running really bad, reaaaaaaaally bad that wtsd and w@sd are horrific for those vpip/pfr numbers.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:32 PM

Attempt to steal blinds more you need to do that to make up for the fact you aren't going to get as many freeplays as you would have in 5/10 when you are in the blinds yourself.

I remember when I played in this game any time I went on a losing streak I noticed I tended to be tightening up in steal attempts, and loosening up there specically usually turned things around.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a little too tight though not by much, depends on who you believe though. You're running really bad, reaaaaaaaally bad that wtsd and w@sd are horrific for those vpip/pfr numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am running bad somewhat, but i do not want to merely dismiss it as bad luck. i agree i am too tight, but i do not give up all that much by not being a 30/20 guy. i may never win at 3bb/100, but 1.5bb/100 is definitely possible. or so i once thought.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:36 PM

You are obviously running very bad as bugstud says. Other than that there is no simple answer. Read posts. Read the archives. Post hands. Open your mind to new ways of changing and improving your game. Repeat all these as necessary and try to run good--eventually it will click.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:39 PM

I would say you're running badly.

Less sexy, more ABC until you get your confidence back.

Reply to more hands here.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:40 PM

As the others said -- looks like your running bad, loosen up a little (a bit at a time), and steal more. You might be calling down to light, but not sure about that.

You can definately win at more than 1.5 if you loosen up just a fraction [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

5k hands is nothing in this game -- other posters have been thoroughly repremanded for similar posts!
Old 09-02-2005, 08:41 PM

You are running very bad, but could steal more and probably defend a bit more aswell.

It should be pretty obvious that your true rate isnīt -4/100. I canīt guarantie you that itīs positive, but I would be surprised if it wasnīt and very surprised if you were worse than -1/100.

So if you feel that you are playing well and have the BR, then continue, but there is no shame in going back to 5/100 for a few K hands to regroup.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5k hands is nothing in this game

[/ QUOTE ]

i realize that, but i find myself in many more "wtf do i do now situatiions" than i have in the past, and that is what bugs me. i've had 150BB drops in the past and they didn't bug me because i KNEW I played well. here i'm not so sure.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:49 PM

I know the feeling all too well. I guess its one of those things you have to learn to live with.

Just stick to a couple of tables, pay attention, try and get good reads and develop an overall "sense" of the game.