Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Flush Draw Question?

I was just thinking about this and sorry if I get flamed or yelled at but its how us newbs to the game learn. If I'm holding something like Big Broadway like AK or whatever, offsuit and my opponent is holding any suited. If the flop comes Axx or AKx, and I check it, nothing that the flop is always a rainbow. The second card to the flush comes out on the turn, is it wrong to bet at this point because I'm giving him more reasons to call? Or should i be betting the flop to push people out at this point?
Old 09-02-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Flush Draw Question?

I'm kind of confused, but if you are checking an Axx flop when you have AK, I don't know what else you could be looking for on the flop. Bet for value on all streets.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:13 PM

You shouldn't be checking either of these flops because you probably have the best hand. If they call that's great, they're giving you their money with hands like K6 and A2.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:18 PM

You should bet, but not because you want him to fold, but because you are the favourite. Btw, bet the flop. You probably have the best hand and you want him to pay for whatever he's trying to do. If he folds at least you win the pot.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:37 PM

The only way to check such a flop is to try a check-raise. In micro-limits, many players might check behind you though, which is very bad for you. So you might want to think about how the opponents in the pot behaved on former hands and make a decision, if they are likely to bet. If so, check to check-raise. If not or you are unsure (or last to act), BET.
(By checking, you are always giving INFINITE pot odds. It is always better to charge him at least a little something, although you might give him odds like 15:1 if the alternative was, that he would check behind you.)

Regards
Old 09-02-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only way to check such a flop is to try a check-raise. In micro-limits, many players might check behind you though, which is very bad for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially since you raised preflop.

You did raise preflop, right?
Old 09-02-2005, 06:55 PM

My advice is don't try to anything too tricky, especially when you're just starting to learn poker.

Bet/raise your good hands