Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 11:42 PM

Default I feel so unsatisfied.

All opponents are LPP with high WTSD%. How the f do I play this differently? Quads and getting one small bet. I almost vomited.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds, CO folds.

Turn: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 08-31-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: I feel so unsatisfied.

i guess i play it the same way but if they're LPP and you all of a sudden check on the turn they'll think you're slowplaying a big hand. you have to bet here, but you might check and make one more bet if they make something on the river. one bet, who cares. hope they raise the turn so you can 3bet. next.

edit: i've realized over time that it's not about the strength of your hand but how much money you can get out of your winning hands. you were never destined to make much here, and normally your supreme monster hands such as these don't make much because your opponents have a very hard time making a hand themselves because you have the deck locked up.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:20 AM

This wasn't the table where you met your old friend, was it?
Old 09-01-2005, 02:29 AM

You really can't play this any differently. Don't even think about checking the flop, and what do you expect will bet into you if you check the turn? It'll likely be checked through, and you can hope villain makes a straight or something on the river, but you're not gonna get paid off here very often no matter what you do.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:47 AM

I take it you were G******r (since that's the only person sitting who seemed to have any clue how to play)? Stupid bitch sucked out on me three times too (I kid).

BTW, you need to work on being a little more selective with your hands PF if that was you.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:49 AM

Hmm, that was not me. But now I'm somewhat depressed that my play has really deteriorated to the point that I'm considered worse than the apparent fish. If you do figure out who I was, I could sure use any advice you have on what I could do to improve. A 250bb downswing has really destroyed my confidence. If it matters, I was really tight for that session as I wasn't getting any cards, and any marginal cards I was raising seemed to be magically 3-bet every time.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, that was not me. But now I'm somewhat depressed that my play has really deteriorated to the point that I'm considered worse than the apparent fish. If you do figure out who I was, I could sure use any advice you have on what I could do to improve. A 250bb downswing has really destroyed my confidence. If it matters, I was really tight for that session as I wasn't getting any cards, and any marginal cards I was raising seemed to be magically 3-bet every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're M*L**, then I only had 14 hands on you. Everyone else was like &gt;40VPIP. If you're that unsure, you should get some coaching. JoeTall and Alobar, etc. Playing without confidence sucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Also, live play helps me when I'm in a rut. I've found that having to sit and get player reads without stat overlays and PT really makes me thing hard about each hand, and how the mix of players involved influences what hands I play and how I play them. Then when I fire up online, I tend to play pretty good read based poker for a few thousand hands. Then I fall back into my old habits and play ABC poker.