Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 07:20 PM

Default A Must see for pokerroom users (excel chart with new rake)

Ok, so I've been playing on pokerroom for a good bit and come on here today and hear about the new rake structure. I made an excel sheet with a crappy excel chart that plots the pot size on the x-axis and the rake (new and old) on the y-axis. I heard some people say that at the low limits the new rake structure is actually better, but I don't think that's the case. From 16k+ hands I have in the .25/.50 (always choosing juicy tables), pokertracker shows the average pot to be $4.9 which is very close to the breakeven point for that limit but it still makes the rake higher. I think the new rake structure is actually lower given the avg. pot sizes of higher limits (ie. $1/$2), but I'm not really sure since I never play there and have no pokertracker data to support me. I uncluded the excel sheet...all you have to do is change the value of the "Big Blind" in cell A3 and look at the graph. Check the "Avg. pot" in pokertracker under the "summary" tab and see whether your average pot lies in a region where the new rake is lower or higher. I know it's higher for .25/.50 and .5/1 but I'd be interested to hear about the other limits.

Excel sheet with chart
Old 08-31-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: A Must see for pokerroom users (excel chart with new rake)

Is the chart not working or something? I see a lot of views, but no replies. Also, I'm interested in knowing whether the rake in limits like 1/2 and 2/4 is actually higher or lower using the "avg. pot" number from pokertracker.

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:03 PM

I like the chart - looks good and all (yes it is 100% functional), but with the old rake line, there was a max before. You have a never-ending slope that never maxes but I know it does. (at 2/4 5max it caps at $2 with the old rake).
Old 08-31-2005, 08:11 PM

Yes, I forgot the maxes. Did you try it out for your 2/4 limit? Is the new rake actually higher or lower at the average pot? BTW, This chart is only for 5-10 players.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:29 PM

Im gonna start playing now. To check the differences in rake when should I set my filter in PT to? All games played on 8/29/05 are old rake and 8/30/05 are new?
Old 08-31-2005, 08:42 PM

If you go under the summary tab in pokertracker, check the avg pot number, look on the graph and it will tell you what the average rake will be under the new rake structure.