Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 06:42 PM

Default 100nl 6max. Semi interesting J3o hand.

Vlillian is 38/12/4 on ~100 hands and seems pretty agressive postflop.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) CP hand converter

MP ($99)
CO ($59.11)
Button ($20.45)
Hero ($104.55)
BB ($35.50)
UTG ($90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $1, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($5) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($5) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $3</font>, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls $3, BB folds.

River: ($11) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7.

Final Pot: $25

Thoughts and results later.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: 100nl 6max. Semi interesting J3o hand.

i would have folded the turn (and the river too). you can only beat a bluff and i don't think it is very likely that this guy bluffs into 4 opponents.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:59 PM

I definaltey think you can wait for a better spot to try to pick off a bluff from this guy, I agree that he is probably overly agressive, but into 4 opponents I dont know if bottom pair is gonna cut it.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:31 PM

Do you always complete with J3o? I always fold this crap even when getting such good pot odds.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:40 AM

Yes, getting 10-1 on the money and being the best postflop player on the table is making this a standard call for me, even though my pos sucks.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:36 AM

Yuck. Fold preflop. And stop it with that 'best postflop player' crap. Who cares? Some hands have positive expectation and some don't. J3o doesn't. There is simply no argument to be made that you can play the worst possible hand from the worst possible position profitably.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is simply no argument to be made that you can play the worst possible hand from the worst possible position profitably.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are either gonnna take down a meaningless pot, or lose a big one.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:56 AM

J3o is a fold pre-flop. You're in the worst position, with a very easily dominated hand. What flops are you waiting for? 336? JJ3?

Even if you ARE the 'best post-flop player' at the table, the fact is, it is not a profitable hand. Maybe you caught a flush draw bluffing this time, but almost every other time someone is going to be either calling you down with some part of the board, or 90% of the time, someone has hit the board.

You're the best post-flop player (or so you say). Then why put yourself in a situation where you're in such a terrible position with such a terrible hand? You don't have to win every pot - play more pots, bigger pots with position, and smaller pots without it.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, getting 10-1 on the money and being the best postflop player on the table is making this a standard call for me, even though my pos sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess being the best post-flop player is going to make up for terrible position and being possibly the worst pre-flop player at the table?

In all seriousness J 3 offsuit is a fold here, you are going to win small pots you aren't going to win big pots and you are going to be in situations like this where you are calling down with bottom pair against a guy that bet into a large field. Sorry man but this doesn't look like something the "best post-flop player at the table" would do.

You don't beat these tables with fancy plays or by calling down bottom pair. You beat them with solid hands and solid poker. I'm sure you had some "magical read" that you are going to tell us about because you won this hand or you wouldn't post it here because quite frankly all the advice on this thread that tells you to fold is 100% accurate. Don't post hands like this where the only way you make this play is having some insane read on a guy because quite frankly, you can't have a good enough of a read on a guy to make this play. Headsup against him maybe, not when he bets into a large field. This is bad poker regardless of how the hand turned out. There is really nothing substantive to learn about this hand other than you should fold preflop, and fold to the post flop bets....there are better spots to take donks money. If your read is so freaking good here, why not at least raise?