Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Help me get into coffee

I detest black coffee, and most forms of coffee unless it has a crapload of sugar.

However, I'm pretty damn sure coffee would reaallllly help me with college in the mornings.

Are there any good coffees out there a non-coffee drinker like myself could get into and transition to darker coffees? Or am I just best off getting a crapload of sugar and cream?
Old 08-30-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Help me get into coffee

Drink black coffee until you like it.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:23 AM

Red Bull > Coffee
Old 08-30-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats also good. It's what I did in High School
Old 08-30-2005, 12:24 AM

Just buy some of those Starbucks iced things that come in bottles and keep a bunch in your fridge. They taste good (vanilla, etc.) and are loaded up with caffeine.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good advice
Old 08-30-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? wow
Old 08-30-2005, 12:31 AM

Get up 1 hr earlier and go for a 5km jog. No coffee required. It does not make you tired it gives you energy for the rest of the day. Maybe swimming would be better you being in college and all it should be packed with ladies. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 12:32 AM

coffee

Go there and sign up, you can get a NICE coffee maker for buying some coffee. Its a club but just cancel after you get the maker if you want. They have a big selection of coffee and some are very good. Even if you dont like them you get a free coffee maker. And yes, you REALLY need to learn to like coffee or its gonna be a long 6 years.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:33 AM

Anyone who prefers black coffee is a glutton for punishment.

Seriously, put milk in it but no sugar. It does a good job of cutting the acid while it still being a good breakfast drink as opposed to a sickeningly sweet dessert.

Also, the most important things for making good coffee are:

1) Good beans. Most convenient commercially available beans are Dunkin' Donuts brand. Maxwell House, Sanka, anything you get in the grocery store really is crap.

2) Good water. Simple enough, use filtered or bottled, don't use straight from the tap.

3) Don't burn the coffee! Yes, coffee will burn, and you won't be able to tell until you taste it. This happens when a pot is left with a hot burner on for any length of time. Half an hour is really the maximum you can get away with it. I honestly prefer letting it get cold and then microwaving it but that's nasty too, just drink it fresh [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

4 and most important) CLEAN THE COFFEE POT!!!

a. When you first buy/inherit a coffee machine, make two pots of it with just water (this water can be tap).

b. DO NOT USE SOAP!!! Anyone who doesn't know this will be like "wtf, how can I clean it without soap". But coffee is pretty caustic stuff, and just putting it in the pot will not make it germy. Dishes need to be washed for disinfectant purposes when people put their mouths on it (I hope you don't put your mouth on the pot) or organics are left to sit for awhile (I hope you are going to be cleaning the pot promptly and often).

c. Basically all you have to do is 1) throw out the filter, 2) fill up the filter area with water, 3) fill the pot with water, 4) make sure the lid is not on the pot so the water doesn't drip down, and 5) wait 15 minutes for best results.

--------------

Of course, if you don't want to do any of this just go to Dunkin' Donuts. But not Starbucks, they think it's cool there to drink bitter, burnt coffee, yuck.