Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Interesting hand.

One of our more prolific posters was reviewing a session of mine and suggested this would be an interesting hand to post.

He hates the PF raise in EP with an off suite top pair hand. I have been doing this a lot recently. I might be overdoing something GrunchCan mentioned once.

Reads:
Button - 20/3 over 20 hands.
SB - semi-loose Aggressive Aggressive. 20/10 over 50 hands.

Comments on all streets are welcome, but he thought the flop was most interesting. Which is best; Raise, Call or Fold?

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Interesting hand.

I thought this was a pretty standard fold preflop. As for postflop, this seems pretty standard to me.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:39 PM

I don't pre-flop raise here. I don't even limp here.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:45 PM

I fold this pf every time. I like raising the flop to push out button. He might have a gutshot to chop with you or beat you. No reason to fold.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:47 PM

KJo or ATo ill raise up front, but not KTo. On the flop I might raise to get button out. and then lead the turn. I might check behind the river since we're not going to be called by overs UI i dont think - just something that beats us (large PP, J).
Old 08-28-2005, 04:48 PM

Good god man, fold this preflop then come back into the hand to raise the flop.

Edit : Fold to turn check/raise, too. Hey, you got the river right, though!
Old 08-28-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KJo or ATo ill raise up front, but not KTo. On the flop I might raise to get button out. and then lead the turn. I might check behind the river since we're not going to be called by overs UI i dont think - just something that beats us (large PP, J).

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful with KJ and AT. I would look into you position stats on those hands. I used to raise them too but now they go into the muck unless the tables is super weak tight.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:24 PM

KTo not good, p61 SSHE. I always fold in EP. SInce you're in though, second mistake to me is not raising flop. You could probably get the button to fold.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Be careful with KJ and AT. I would look into your position stats on those hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right on here Droolie. This is an overall leak I need to close. Battling looseness PF has been my personal demon. I can get away with this at .5/1*, but it's a terrible habit.

[ QUOTE ]

I used to raise them too but now they go into the muck unless the tables is super weak tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

This table wasn't. Just mildy weaker and tighter than I am used to.

-D

* Probably only because my wins on better hands have a larger overlay.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:37 PM

I like raising the flop to try to drive out Button. I'm betting again on the turn too if Button does fold and SB checks to me. If he is still with me on the river though and I haven't hit a K, Q or T, I'm checking behind.

Of course this is assuming Button folds, cause if he calls two cold on that flop I'm done with it unless I hit Q or a 10