Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Where I cap preflop with AJo

Early morning 1/2 table, so pretty tight but there are a few loosies so I'm doing OK. This is the third time villian has 3-bet my preflop raise. On the first two occassions I called and then had to fold flops that either completely missed me or just blew my hand away. When he did it this time I had an idea that he was starting to play me more than his cards. He was fairly loose and quite aggressive. My table image was fairly solid and tricky, checkraising with 2nd pair on the flop etc. Up to this point all my preflop raises had been by the book.

Do you hate it, and if so why?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB
Old 08-28-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Where I cap preflop with AJo

I actually like the cap in this situation, and the flop is good. I think I would donk the turn.

-Jaran
Old 08-28-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually like the cap in this situation, and the flop is good. I think I would donk the turn.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the turn is the one street on this hand that I'm not so sure about. What if he raises? Is it another call or do you let it go? Or do you pop him again?

On a side note; are you working in that bookstore now?
Old 08-28-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the turn is the one street on this hand that I'm not so sure about. What if he raises? Is it another call or do you let it go? Or do you pop him again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I got the job! (Of course, financial aid is dickin me around, so I'm still broke [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ).

Have you got any read on he postflop agg? What type of hands has he been showing down, or is he just pushing people off hands? Without any of this info, a raise on the turn is tough. I'm thinking I call down. Our hand is sd worthy, and we get a little better read on the guy.

-Jaran
Old 08-28-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I got the job! (Of course, financial aid is dickin me around, so I'm still broke [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ).

Have you got any read on he postflop agg? What type of hands has he been showing down, or is he just pushing people off hands? Without any of this info, a raise on the turn is tough. I'm thinking I call down. Our hand is sd worthy, and we get a little better read on the guy.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats dude, hope that you're reading more than you're selling.

He's 30%/6%/3.2 He's been using position to steal pots and push people off hands. He will bluff if he misses.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats dude, hope that you're reading more than you're selling.

He's 30%/6%/3.2 He's been using position to steal pots and push people off hands. He will bluff if he misses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then call a raise and donk him again on the river [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-Jaran
Old 08-28-2005, 02:31 PM

I'm curious why wouldn't just calling down if he raised the turn be the better move just to get to the showdown? Isn't this a situation where if he had us beat he'd raise again and if he was on a flush draw he'd fold anyways rather than call?
Old 08-28-2005, 02:35 PM

I don't want to give him a chance to check behind with a hand that will call but is worse than ours. It's very thin, but I think you have a value bet here against this specific opponant.

-Jaran
Old 08-28-2005, 03:27 PM

you're calling a river raise then correct?
Old 08-28-2005, 03:43 PM

I think you can value bet the river after it's checked through. Call a raise.