Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Right spot for an AK calldown?

Villain here is 70/30/1.8, with a 53% WtSD.

Notes on him: Autobets the flop, jams draws on flop.

Reads: He's up in this game, but I've taken him for a few big pots and he's steaming. I'm pretty sure he's tilted after he made the nut straight which ran into quad nines and I flopped a straight to beat his set of sixes a few hands previous to this one. He's been honing in on me and trying to muscle me around.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Thoughts on the flop: I'm raising to get the button out, Villain has been betting at every flop often with air, so I'm pretty sure he whiffed. This raise is partly for value, partly for position, and partly to define where I stand. Goot?

After he 3bets, do I just go into calldown mode? I capped because I wanted to take control in the hand, and see how he reacted to it on the turn. Upon review this might be a little overaggressive, and I'm wondering if subconsciously I was trying to outlag the lag. Part of me felt I still had the best hand here, though.

Turn: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Once he leads into me on the turn, I'm thinking there's a possibility that he has a low-mid PP or hit his Q, but with his recent play and the size of the pot I decide it's time to see a showdown and not have fun with the raise button anymore.

River: (10 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Any other comments on questions I didn't raise are welcome and appreciated.