Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 03:15 AM

Default tpmk turns trips, lotta players

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Just sat down and posted BB . . .

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

I just sat down at the table so I didn't know how loose/tight the players were, I decided to check and see what action came back to me. Does anyone lead here and why?

Checkraise?

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

I should've bet here considering my flop play I think.

River: (6 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

The Jack put three to a straight which may have made mp2's hand so I just called . . .

Final Pot: 12 BB

I normally don't play this passively, I think not knowing what to do on the flop hurt my play so any comments about that or anything else fellas, thanks fellas . . .
Old 08-27-2005, 04:21 AM

Default Re: tpmk turns trips, lotta players

Bet out on the flop - a check raise would be good but you can't be sure where a bet will come from as it wasn't raised preflop. Letting this flop get checked through would be terrible and don't forget it's going to look scary to a few of the other players too, not just you.

You definitely have to bet the turn.

The river is where I'm rarely sure what to do - you should probably raise as he could have just a Jack, if he has the other Queen you're splitting unless he has KQ or AQ.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The river is where I'm rarely sure what to do - you should probably raise as he could have just a Jack, if he has the other Queen you're splitting unless he has KQ or AQ or QJ or QT or Q7.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. 3-betting the river would be bad unless we have a read that UTG is retarded. 98 for the straight is a real possibility, and given the way so many people play on .50/1 Party so is JJ. But yes, it's also possible he's raising with 3 pair (JT), AJ, or some other bizarre random hand, so we have to call the raise.

And yes, lead the flop &amp; lead the turn.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:42 AM

You must raise the flop after checking.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You must raise the flop after checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? why is that?
Old 08-27-2005, 07:12 AM

I'd have bet the flop, and the turn.

The raise on the river I wouldn't reraise, since UTG clearly thinks he has the hand won and will likely cap if you reraise. I don't want to toss two more big bets at this hand.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:20 AM

As the hand panned out, is everybody calling the bet from MP2 or raising it? I don't see what calling accomplishes for you, when the turn comes (lets say not a Q,K,A) what is your line? (if you called)
Old 08-27-2005, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when the turn comes (lets say not a Q,K,A) what is your line? (if you called)

[/ QUOTE ]

or one of the 50 draws on the board