Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 11:13 AM

Default sorry - another bad beat post - I can\'t take this anymore

again sorry for this but I'm still steaming and so bummed......arghhhhhhhh.......

Live $1-2 No-Limit Hold'em 7-handed game. Hero has lost big showdown to LAG/pseudo-maniac once before - early in game six-handed w/even stacks when I went all-in in in UTG+1 on twice raised pot with 3 players to act with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] everyone folds to Villain in CO who barely has me covered and who calls and shows his K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Previously, I'd seen him he'd go to showdowns a lot with real junk but so far he hadn't been burned. So ok that sucks he actually had something but it happens so I rebuy (home game, you get 1). I end up being short-stacked after losing next hand on tilt with J-high flush to A-high four flush on river but start making monster comeback, down to 3 players about 2 hours later with c. $600 pot - top 2 place in the money. I've got about ~$200 in chips and Villain ~$300. Short stack with ~ $45 goes all-in against Villain with K-4 to A-3 and hits a straight on river with the 4 to stay alive and double up. Next hand I'm in big blind with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Short stack folds, Villain in SB bets $60 (2x pot), I call. Flop is like 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Villain bets $100, I raise all-in to ~$175 thinking he's got something like A-3-8 (i.e. something less than a 9) or maybe a small pair. Sure enough, he shows A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] so I'm around a 75% favorite to win and finish first against short stack (or so I think).

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] U gotta be kidding me.

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] MHING

I almost felt like crying or going on one of those WSOP rants but I refrained.....I guess that's poker but it was really brutal and I'm still asking myself "did I do anything wrong in pushing A-9 with that board and my decent read of Villain??" Any thoughts/condolences appreciated.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: sorry - another bad beat post - I can\'t take this anymore

wow. and wrong forum. although i don't think there is a right forum for this post, honestly.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow. and wrong forum. although i don't think there is a right forum for this post, honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no cash game where 2nd place gets paid forum?
Old 08-26-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no cash game where 2nd place gets paid forum?

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Maybe this should go in the soon-to-be-created official high stakes railbirding forum.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:33 AM

There should also be a forum for regulars who continue to bump useless threads to snipe at one another because they don't have enough to do at work [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There should also be a forum for regulars who continue to bump useless threads to snipe at one another because they don't have enough to do at work [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't this it? (And I thought you were a professional musician. What 'work' at you 'at'?)
Old 08-26-2005, 11:37 AM

guys I'm crying here at my desk and getting no support!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] sorry about the post!!
Old 08-26-2005, 11:38 AM

I have a 22 hour/week day job that pays me health and dental benefits. I don't quite make enough gigging to live in the style to which I am accustomed. The job is nice and cushy and gives me plenty of time to post on 2+2 from 9-1. Medical benefits >>>>>> no medical benefits so, until I can win a job with an orchestra that pays benefits, I'll probably continue working here.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:40 AM

Oh cool. Good luck with all that. Personally, I just work to provide a bankroll. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I guess the benefits aren't bad either.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:44 AM

Wow, your luck is uncanny. You were 75%, I mean you were a practical lock. This thread just goes to show you that the best players are always getting burnt!