Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 03:27 AM

Default Final Table Bubble Hand

From tonite's Stars $109. We are on the final table bubble and hand for hand. There is one other micro-stack at the other table. With the fairly shallow stacks there has been a lot of min raising going on. My image should be rock solid as I have shown down AA twice and AK once in the last several orbits. This push is standard, correct?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t3000 (5 handed) converter

SB (t2890)
Hero (t77333)
UTG (t53785)
MP (t28784)
Button (t8287)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t6150</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t77333

Edited to add table texture info.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Final Table Bubble Hand

was this representative of the standard raise at this blind level? without any reads or any knowledge of the size of recent raises, this one smells like MP wants action. i understand that there are two smaller stacks at the table and he might be timid about raising all-in and getting himself busted before they do but the size of the raise seems fishy to me.

given your significant stack and your modest holding and the fact that MP might feel - correctly or incorrectly - pot committed, why not wait for a better spot to pick up chips?
Old 08-26-2005, 03:43 AM

Could you explain why you would consider this the standard play? You might be completely right I am just curious about your logic and reasoning.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:47 AM

i love it..though it may depend on how villan's been playing thusfar. villan will have to let go of all but premium holdings.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:44 AM

As the other respondents have already stated, you are in a comfortable chip position, probably on the top 2 or 3 with 2 micro stacks. MP is in no imminent danger of busting. With 2 players that can send him to the rail still to act, the range of his raising hand could be anywhere from AA-88, AK - AT maybe even A9s none of which you can beat. It is an auto-muck IMO. Leave it to the other guys to play sheriff.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:27 AM

Standard.

Especially with shorty SB and mircro on other table.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 08-26-2005, 10:29 AM

At first I thought "right on" but the initial raise 2x bb is fishy, looks like he wants action.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard.

Especially with shorty SB and mircro on other table.

Regards,

Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]
Woodguy,

I am honestly lost as to why this is standard. Can you please elaborate? There must really be a lot for me to learn here. Thanks.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:13 AM

Just because at this point (2 micro stacks on a bubble) MP will be playing super tight. He's probably folding this way more then then he needs to to make it profitable. Also its important that if he is called and loses he will still have a healthy stack.

You can correct me if I'm wrong though.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At first I thought "right on" but the initial raise 2x bb is fishy, looks like he wants action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I would want to know something about MP before making this push given the fishy raise size.

Default is to push though.