Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 11:27 PM

Default 66 in BB, 2 bet to me...

A hand that just happened... I was wondering how bad I played it. Vilain is on the tight side 22/18/2.61 Nothing special so far. Solid play.
His river agression is 0.61

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

The flop is pretty much raggy... I decide the pot is big enough and I want to protect my hand vs overcards.

Turn: (9 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

I pick up a OESD so I have to call, anyway I'M still ahead of AKs-AQs

River: (11 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

When vilain 3 bet, considering his river agression I was pretty sure he has a 8 maybe 88 or A8s :/. Since the pot is that huge I have to call right ?

Final Pot: 17 BB

Comments on every streets are appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-25-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: 66 in BB, 2 bet to me...

i would fold this preflop.
ya, you have to call, i say he has 88.

cheers.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:40 PM

I like the pf call. I think you played it prefectly. No way you can fold the river in this pot and capping is spewing.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:00 AM

If he's on the tight side why did you call preflop?

Can't see how you call the river 3bet given his aggression not only on the river but throughout.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the pf call. I think you played it prefectly. No way you can fold the river in this pot and capping is spewing.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you like the pf call? This is a player on the tight side and he hasn't just raised, he's three bet. I think this is an easy fold.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's on the tight side why did you call preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's getting 5:1 odds, it's 7.5:1 to flop a set, and he'll make 5 or 6 BB post flop if he hits.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you like the pf call? This is a player on the tight side and he hasn't just raised, he's three bet. I think this is an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, getting 5:1 i think this is an easy call. When im looking at this PF action, the button being tight is almost irrelevant, your pair of 6's with this kind of pf action is going to need to hit a set to win.

You have an utg raise, a button 3bet and SB colcalling 3, i find it hard to see 66 holding up UI too often. So im calling this for the implied odds. Admittedly button being tight means we may get slightly less action if we do hit.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:39 AM

I think your play is fine after you decided to call. I think a preflop fold is OK given your reads. I think I would call preflop, however.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:05 AM

It's unlikely he's played A8 of hearts this way most won't 3-bet this pre-flop unless they are trying to isolate a very loose aggresive UTG. In addition A8s often won't 3-bet the flop neither will 88 often. It's much more likely button has a big pair here which includes 10s. He dosn't appear to be afraid of the very obvious straight on the river so that makes Ts a bit more likely than the other big PPs. There is no way you can fold this on the river i would rather cap than fold here.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:25 AM

It's an easy call preflop IMO. Button can 3 bet with any 2 broadway. I'm getting good odds on my call.