Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Hello my name is Jokah and I am weak tight.

I need help. Over the last 100K hands I am a 0.7Bb/100 winner at the Party 3/6. I have weak tight type stats:

15%VPIP , 8.5% Raise, and Att. to steal blinds of 25%.

Of course much much more. I do not see opportunities to up my VPIP or raising stats, maybe I am not LAGGY enough. I know that the optimum VPIP around here is 17% and many may suggest it is closer to 19%. I have read SSH and HPFAP a couple times, but something is not clicking right. Is there anyone winning at a 1.5BB/100 rate that would be interested in going over several of my hand histories as well as showing some of theirs? I know information isn't free so I am sure we could work something out. Thanks for all of your help.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Hello my name is Jokah and I am weak tight.

Your stats aren't that bad and 3/6 is not easy. How long have you been playing? Keep at it...with practice you should improve.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:30 PM

I have been playing limit solely since April. I had decent success at NL but liked the structure of limit for some reason. Now it really bugs me that I cannot "master" it. I read here constantly. I post infrequently. These last 100K hands have really bothered me. I ran at 2bb/100 at 2/4 for around the same amount of hands, but we all know it is two different games.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:32 PM

Read EVAN's stealing thread. It is exactly what you need. Your ASB% could be enarly double what it is now, which would up your VPIP and PFR.