Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 06:21 AM

Default HOH 1&2

Call me paranoid, but is there any way that players that new of Harrington's strategy and implemented it in some fashion will begin to change their strategy?
-Or-
Is this pretty much the only strategy? (i dint mean his hand recommendations, rather i mean his thought process and deductions)
Again, remember i am pretty green when it comes to poker in general. I wondered like the poster in Poker Theory if ALL the info is readily available, or are there things that the ultra successful players aren't telling us.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:38 AM

Default Re: HOH 1&2

ultra succesful players don't get that good over night. You can learn so much from these books, but the rest comes down to playing thousands upon thousands of hands, and paying attention.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:35 AM

Default Re: HOH 1&2

There is no one right way to play. There is good advice and irrefutable math, but the best players adapt everything they learn to fit their own personal style and way of thinking, and also to the ever-changing conditions of the tables. I'd be surprised if a successful player didn't change the strategy in some way, and it's essentially inevitable that your personal touch will be incorporated without conscious modification. Even if you knew all there was to know, there are infinite combinations in the application of that knowledge. Trying to figure out your opponents' decisions is what makes the game so exciting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If everyone played Harrington's strategy, I'd be a happy (and very rich) man.