Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 09:01 PM

Default AK misses...

UTG is loose/passive.

Hero is in MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
PREFLOP: UTG limps, 3 folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

FLOP: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7 sb) 3 players
SB checks, <font color="red"> UTG bets </font>, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

TURN: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 BB) 2 players
UTG checks, Hero checks.

RIVER: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 BB) 2 players
<font color="red"> UTG bets </font>, Hero folds.

Comments on all streets appreciated, most of them felt pretty bad.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: AK misses...

Why are you raising the flop here? A loose passive bet into you on a coordinated flop, and you have no backdoor draw. I'd just chuck my cards here, although I can see a call. But a raise here is just wasting money IMO.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:25 PM

You had no reason to raise this hand. Especially with so many opponents, it's likely you're beat right now.

I'm probably calling depending on what I know about my opponents. If I think everyone else is gonna fold I'd probably just fold too.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:26 PM

I like it.

I like your flop raise for a couple reasons. You say villain is loose passive, a nice combo to get to the river cheap. I think your overcards are good most of the time. You're getting 8:1 on the flop, close enough to call for your overcards, may as well raise to get this heads up.

Some may argue the board is too coordinated on the flop to do that because of straight draws, but I won't agree [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I also like the river fold. You're ahead here pretty well never.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You had no reason to raise this hand. Especially with so many opponents

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I had 2 opponents on the flop. That is 1 more than the absolute minimum possible opponents. Since when is 2 players "so many"?
Old 08-25-2005, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you raising the flop here? A loose passive bet into you on a coordinated flop, and you have no backdoor draw. I'd just chuck my cards here, although I can see a call. But a raise here is just wasting money IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raised the flop to get a free river and to knock the other guy out. I was getting 8:1 on the call, I felt those were good enough odds to draw to my overcards and in this spot I thought a raise offered me enough of an advantage over calling to spend the extra sb and see 5 cards.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:07 AM

You describe your opponent as loose-passive. So you are very likely behind. Even if all your outs were clean its a marginal call.
That said I think the raise is ok as it might buy you a free card against this type of oppopnent.
I think it`s Fold &gt; Raise &gt; Call
Old 08-25-2005, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You had no reason to raise this hand. Especially with so many opponents

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I had 2 opponents on the flop. That is 1 more than the absolute minimum possible opponents. Since when is 2 players "so many"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the convertor goofed up and made it look like you had more opponents on the flop than you really did:

[ QUOTE ]
SB checks, UTG bets , Hero raises , BB folds, UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB has been out of the hand since preflop, but apparantly decides to step in and do so again just to make it clear that his hand really sucked [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2005, 09:24 AM

I think just folding to the loose-passive's flop bet is, unfortunately, probably best.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BB has been out of the hand since preflop, but apparantly decides to step in and do so again just to make it clear that his hand really sucked [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard operating procedure. "Just so you guys know, I'm folding...again." Confusion tactics.

I like the hand. The LP betting into you is great for a raise since, as someone pointed out, you are very likely to get to the river for free by doing so. I wouldn't raise against a LAG who is likely to bet out again on the turn.