Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 09:23 PM

Default KK in BB against pfr, scary board

Villain is 18.7/12.6/2.4 over 134 hands, do you play this differently?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...</font>
Old 08-23-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Re: KK in BB against pfr, scary board

Dur I am making with the reading wrong.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:32 PM

yes i would have been gone had he raised me on any street, now that i think about it I agree check calling the river is better since i might get another bet out of qq or jj.

I guess betting the turn is a must since he didn't raise the flop and i wouldn't want him to hit a club for free.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:50 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm him and I think we all have close to those kind of stats, I'm not calling down here with QQ or JJ, and I'm calling to the river with whatever Ace I have so I can raise the river. You're obviously folding to a raise right? I don't think he plays QQ or JJ like this unless one is a club, but will he bet them on the river? He's only going to fold hands you beat here on the end, so I think because of the possibility he had a Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Qx type hand, you can check/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are u reading that this hand is blind steal/ bd?
QQ/ JJ are capping 99% of the time PF.

IMO, the river is a must bet as u will get called down by many worse hands (middle pairs) here. I am folding to a river raise also however.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are u reading that this hand is blind steal/ bd?
QQ/ JJ are capping 99% of the time PF.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, totally my bad. It's been a long day. I read that as Hero raising and the guy 3-betting, which still doesn't make sense. I totally misread that preflop action. I'll edit my post.

I agree with bet/fold.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:08 PM

Didn't notice he was CO at the time, was some guys sitting out between us. He most likely would have capped both JJ and QQ.

Don't you think it would be better to c/c the river anyway since medium pairs are going to have a tough time calling but might fire off a bet if i check.
Villain folded to my river bet btw.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:13 PM

Yeah, this looks fine. Given that it's a steal situation he'll call with hands that don't beat you. I don't think he's raising this river very often at all but if so I'm sure you can safely fold.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:14 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

[ QUOTE ]
since medium pairs are going to have a tough time calling but might fire off a bet if i check.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think medium pairs are always calling ur river bet here. A more valid reason to check is if villain is over-aggressive and will bluff raise u a certain percentage of the time and/or will bet when checked to with KcQx or something of the like. Villain seems good/ reasonable so i think that the percentage of both is pretty low.