Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 12:41 AM

Default 99 from the SB hand

Party Pokar!

Preflop: Crazytard(66/22/.9) openraises UTG+1, folded to a TAGish player(19/8/1.9) in the CO who 3bets, superloose passive fish (76/4/.6) caps, I call, BB folds.

Flop: 6 6 7 rainbow

I check, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Button Checks

Turn: 8 offsuit

I bet, UTG+1 calls, Co folds, Button calls.

River: K

I check, planning on folding if CO bets or calls, but calling if UTG+1 bets.

How did I do?
Old 08-23-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: 99 from the SB hand

[ QUOTE ]
Party Pokar!

Preflop: Crazytard(66/22/.9) openraises UTG+1, folded to a TAGish player(19/8/1.9) in the CO who 3bets, superloose passive fish (76/4/.6) caps, I call, BB folds.

Flop: 6 6 7 rainbow

I check, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Button Checks

Turn: 8 offsuit

I bet, UTG+1 calls, Co folds, Button calls.

River: K

I check, planning on folding if CO bets or calls, but calling if UTG+1 bets.

How did I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I crazy to fold this PF?
Old 08-23-2005, 01:32 AM

I agree, folding preflop would be the best idea, but since you're already involved, folding to a river bet is probably the best idea, seeing as our best friends love to hold onto AK til it hits. But seriously, fold preflop so you avoid being out of position after 3 people have showed strength.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:35 AM

I wouldn't even dream of calling this preflop cap. Anyway, by the river there should be enough money in the pot for you to call a single bet regardless. Hand converter?
Old 08-23-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
by the river there should be enough money in the pot for you to call a single bet regardless

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of what?

I guess I could fold preflop. Or I could call and either hit a set and get paid off a ton when I hit a set considering the players in the pot and my position. Occasionally, I'll get a flop like this one and have to proceed with caution, which is I think what I did, but I think I would be missing out on some $$ if I folded this preflop.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:45 AM

Isn't PF call fine if we know that crazytard will call two bets back to him?

I like the plan for the hand.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't PF call fine if we know that crazytard will call two bets back to him?

I like the plan for the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to have 6:1-ish implied odds to call here. Not sure if you can get that. Also don't think it's a guarantee that ORs will call.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to have 6:1-ish implied odds to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot odds are what I'm getting to call. Implied odds are all the bets I will make if I hit a set. 0 is all the bets I will lose when I don't (except in hands like these). Also, CO will definitely call, there's no reason for anyone to ever fold in his spot. If UTG+1 was a good player he might fold, but he wasn't so he's almost always calling.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
by the river there should be enough money in the pot for you to call a single bet regardless

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of what?

[/ QUOTE ]
Regardless of the fact that you're probably not winning, and regardless of who bets it. I'm not folding for one bet here since we've got the pot juiced up to 10BB now.

[ QUOTE ]

I guess I could fold preflop. Or I could call and either hit a set and get paid off a ton when I hit a set considering the players in the pot and my position.

[/ QUOTE ]
Given your reads, I don't hate the call. But let's be clear, we're not making this call based on any odds (pot, implied, or otherwise) to hit a set. Your pre-flop pot odds are only 3:1 and you're putting in 2BB to see a flop, so you'd need to make this up post-flop, getting multiple bets in on at least two streets or so. Regardless of the pre-flop action, you can't really be certain that this will happen, as is clearly demonstrated in the rest of this hand. Thus, if we are making this call, it's because we think there's a good chance that we currently have the best hand, and furthermore, that our post-flop play is better than that of any of these jokers.

[ QUOTE ]

Occasionally, I'll get a flop like this one and have to proceed with caution, which is I think what I did, but I think I would be missing out on some $$ if I folded this preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really, I'm not thrilled about the call; I think it's pretty marginal no matter how you look at it. I'd probably prefer to pick a better spot, personally.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:13 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

When good players make it 3 bets and I haven't seen them loosen their isolation raises from that position yet, my playing hands really shrink quickly.

When passive boy makes it 4 bets, well then I know it's trouble. So you want to play for a set? Well paying 4 bets (3 and change) we need a 15BB pot to break even, but then again sometimes we make our set and lose, so we actually need a bit more. Nope I'd pass.

Postflop I think you're fine. You were going for the checkraise right?