Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 07:07 PM

Default OESFD, continue the semibluff OOP?

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.00 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero . . . ???

what if there are more/less opponents?
what if it is just a flush draw?
Old 08-21-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: OESFD, continue the semibluff OOP?

why did you three-bet the flop?

-McGee
Old 08-21-2005, 07:21 PM

15 outs will hit 54.1 percent of the time, getting 2-1 on all flop bets(33 percent), thats a nice equity edge
Old 08-21-2005, 07:23 PM

I think the 3-bet on the flop is for value with a good draw like this. I would check the turn though since your equity is considerably less now plus I don't want button to raise again. I dont think a bluff is worth it here since your're going to have to fire again on the river to make it work.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:24 PM

I raise this pf.

The flop 3-bet is good, you have a ton of equity 3-handed.

It looks like MP2 is on a draw, so betting now may fold out button if he raised with a 9 or pp, allowing you to take down the pot on the river for one bet. I'd bet.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why did you three-bet the flop?

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't he?

This hand may be worth three-betting heads-up. Three-way it is an absolute monster.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:07 PM

I'd bet this without hesitation. Just looking at the numbers it's pretty close... If both fold you win a big pot. If both call you are about even money to make your hand. You lose money by betting if only 1 opponent calls. However, by just checking you practically anounce to the table that you are on a draw, so you won't collect much (if anything) when you hit. There is also the added benefit that if you showdown your hand your opponents will notice that you bet the turn on the come. In future hands they'll think there's a good chance your turn bets are come bets, when in fact they usually aren't, so your made hands are more likely to get paid off. So unless your opponents are completely oblivious, I think this decision that seems close is actually a rather easy bet.

Just my opinion...
Old 08-21-2005, 09:00 PM

so what if its just a flush draw?

(i generally 3-bet a flush draw in this spot too, because of the 2 percent equity edge, 35&gt;33, is that right or do i want 3 opponents)
Old 08-21-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so what if its just a flush draw?

(i generally 3-bet a flush draw in this spot too, because of the 2 percent equity edge, 35&gt;33, is that right or do i want 3 opponents)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think factors other than the equity of your flush draw should determine your flop decision OOP against 2 opponents. With no rake you do have a slight equity edge, but the rake brings it down to about even. My intuition is that the rake makes your flush equity very slightly -EV, but whatever the case it is so close to even that I think you should be making your decision on other factors. For example, with 2 overcards I'd be more inclined to jamb because my equity isn't tied just to my flush draw. With a small flush draw I'd be more likely to call. My image or what I want my image to be can also factor into the decision. For example, if they think I'm a rock I might eventually take down the pot uncontested if I jamb it up and bet the turn. If my opponents are likely to put me on a flush draw if I raise OOP and then check the turn, then I'd lean more toward not jambing the flop. Bottom line is that it's a very close decision equity wise (unless your hand has another feature working for it-overcards, gutshot, etc.), so I think you should weigh some other factors and let those determine how you should play.

Just my opinion...
Old 08-21-2005, 09:46 PM

Bet the turn. If one opponent folds and you're HU, bet any river.