Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Whats wrong 1-2 Limit

Have played a total of 50 k hands and moved up in limits everytime my stats has been better than 2 BB 100 over min 10 k hands.

on this 1-2 level (90% on party) my first 6 k hands was played with a winrate of 3,27 bb 100 then a loosing session started.

Some of my stats is

Total hands 13.257
VPIP 16,39
Won $ when saw Flop 33,71
Amount won (68,70)
BB/100 (0,26)
Went to showdown 33,06
Won at SD 51,31
Raised pre-flop 7,2
Aggression flop 2,66
Aggression Turn 2,29
Aggression River 1,55
Total Aggression 2,25
Folded to river bet 36,65
Check raises 46

Can anybody help
Old 08-21-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Whats wrong 1-2 Limit

My friend--

If you are convinced there are leaks in your game, then you've already done 1 thing in correcting this.. you came to this board. Many people here can give you the tips and strategy you may need to dominate 1-2. The second thing you can do if you haven't already, read Small Stakes Hold'em by Ed Miller.

I dare you to study that book for a few weeks and not be a MUCH, MUCH better small stakes player.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:16 PM

I've been playing 1/2 at around 3.5BB lately, but sometimes I have losing sessions also.

Welcome to the forum with your first post.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:44 PM

To Les

Yes i have studied the SSH for many many hours, and this reading has made me a better player, I also reed on this forum every day.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:54 PM

The usual advice people are given, which applies to you as well, is to post some of your own hands where you're not sure if you played it properly, and to join in on the discussions of some of the other players' hands.

The 2nd is said to be potentially more important than the first, because you may have no idea what some of your leaks are, and so you may never post the hands where you're making your worst mistakes. However, when you go to give advice to others as to how they played their hands, the errors in your thinking and your play will come out and people will correct you on them.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:27 PM

Join in the discussions here when people post hands. That's the best way to have your way of thinking critiqued and analysed.

Your stats as they are look fine (except, obviously, the amount won). Your Won$SD is kind of low which might indicate a bad run. However, you must understand that 6000 hands is really a very very small amount of hands, and this will never be a true indication of your winrate.