Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 05:59 AM

Default Hand For Discussion

A friend asked me to post this hand. At first I thought this was pretty easy but after much discussion I'm not so sure.

Canterbury $200 NL

Blinds 10k/20k
5 players left, chip stacks are as follows.
140k (Hero)
130k (Villain)

Villain has been minimum raising with some A rag hands in any position and hasn't really shown any strength.

Hero is very solid and by far the best player at the table.

Villain makes it 40k to go in MP, folded to Hero in the BB who finds AQs. Hero pushes all in.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Hand For Discussion

hand from last night

Similar decision to a hand i was in last night. HIs hand is either unusually strong, unusually weak, or he just blew a line of coke off his keyboard and decided to sack up and riase it for real for once.

I think folding is the correct play in this type of situation... sadly you will never know if you are right. Of course if you call and are wrong.... bu bye- and you still don't get to act on that information.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:11 PM

With the read that the villian has been min raising with rag aces and being 5 handed i think makes this a pretty easy push. Hero will be chip leader villian folds or if villain calls and loses.

With 280k~ you can exert a lot of pressure and pick up some free chips while the two 60k stacks try to outlast each other and the 180k stack waits for them to bust.

Benefits of winning the hand and the possibility of being way ahead make this too good a spot to pass up.

And if you don't defend your blind 5 handed with AQ...i think you might as well hang a sign around your neck that says 'free blinds here'. So the other possibility would be to call and push most flops, but i don't think i like that as much.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A friend asked me to post this hand. At first I thought this was pretty easy but after much discussion I'm not so sure.

Canterbury $200 NL

Blinds 10k/20k
5 players left, chip stacks are as follows.
140k (Hero)
130k (Villain)

Villain has been minimum raising with some A rag hands in any position and hasn't really shown any strength.

Hero is very solid and by far the best player at the table.

Villain makes it 40k to go in MP, folded to Hero in the BB who finds AQs. Hero pushes all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to ask yourself if you're playing for first, or money. You only have 7 BBs here, 6 after this hand. Yes there's a couple guys with 60, but AQs is a monster, and if he folds it helps you a lot, if he calls you've got a very good final table hand.

Pretty easy push for me.