Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2005, 04:39 PM

Default String bet in a big hand should i speak up?

I was at the Taj and had just sat down at the 1-2 NLtable when this hand occured. I had folded UTG and folded when UGT+1 raised to 30 PF he then go rereraisd to 100 and decieded to call. So it was two way to the flop. The flop was Q J 2 rainbow. He checked and the raiser bet 100 again. This is when he grabbed a stack of 100 crossed his cards and on top of that the chips touched the felt when he said "all in". Yes his chips a tenth of a second before he said "all in" touched the felt. So really isnt that a string bet? The dealer called it so but all the other players in hands said he was wrong that he said "all in" The floor came over and the dealer said his piece but the players who werent involved disagreed. I think cause the guy who bet 100 was crushing the table he was a good player. Should i bother to speak up here? The truth was it was a string bet. I just wasnt sure i should get involved in such a big hand. I was sort of pissed that the floor listend to the players not in the hand. that was wrong and annoyed that they even spoke it isnt there place? am i wrong in thinking this? Thoughts?