Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Would YOU slow down??

villain is 21/9/2.5, but at the time only had around 6% PFR, which led to my thinking that he wouldn't 3bet w/ 99. I obviously can't fold this, unless he's the rockiest of all rocks probably, but should I have slowed down or just figured he has it or not and I'm gonna jam it like he doesn't? I'm new to 2/4, so I dunno if the players are generally as retarded as in 1/2 or not. Thx in advance.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

River: (14.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ad Ks (flush, ace high).
Button has 9d 9c (straight flush, queen high).
Outcome: Villain wins 22.75 BB. </font>

edit: dunno why the results went wacko, they're fixed.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Would YOU slow down?? *DELETED*

Post deleted by Ragone04
Old 08-20-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Would YOU slow down??

Once villain raises the river you are toast here a lot. Yeah, I know there is only one card that beats you. But really, there is pretty much only one card that you beat. I'd just call the river raise.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:12 AM

I would need a strong read that (1) Villain is very solid post-flop; and (2) Villain respects my play and knows that I am solid post-flop. With those reads, I might call the river raise, reasoning that he wouldn't raise me on the river with the second nut flush. I'm not sure I have sufficient reads on any given player to do this, though.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:14 AM

As already noted, the results don't make any sense. If all you had was the A high flush then yes, of course you way overplayed it. Turn cap is questionable, any more agressivion on top of that is retarded.

jvs
Old 08-20-2005, 02:46 AM

After he 3-bet the turn, maybe my slow moving mutli-table brain would have considered him holding 99, particularly the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. But maybe not, in which case I cap the turn and lead the river as you did.

But when I get raised on the river, I'd first throw up in my mouth a little, and then just call. The 3-bet was indeed out of line, unless you knew villan to be a certified maniac.

Sympathies.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:44 AM

Once you get three bet on the turn, you have to take your foot of the gas pedal. You are almost always beat at that point. You cannot fold, but you can save the extra bets.