Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Looking to Fund Solid players

Looking to fund a group of 5-8 players to 2 table 5/10 to 10/20 6max. please contact me only if your intrest in this is sincere, and you can provide Pokertracker, or some valid form of a track record.

Thanks
Jhonny
Old 08-19-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Looking to Fund Solid players

im in!
Old 08-19-2005, 06:19 PM

I'm sure proven winners at 10/20 6-max are just dying to change it up so that they can split their winnings with someone else.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure proven winners at 10/20 6-max are just dying to change it up so that they can split their winnings with someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]
dude sharing is awesome.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking to fund a group of 5-8 players to 2 table 5/10 to 10/20 6max. please contact me only if your intrest in this is sincere, and you can provide Pokertracker, or some valid form of a track record.

Thanks
Jhonny

[/ QUOTE ]

I held a record in track in my highschool one time. Will my HS gym teacher count as verification?
Old 08-19-2005, 06:25 PM

So Cal, there are some out there that are not fully funded, or may not have the right amount of Risk Cap. to play with.

Pm me with intrest

thank you
jhonny
Old 08-19-2005, 06:27 PM

I rocks and rings the crap out of most games i'm in. Scrabble, Yahtzee, chutes & ladders, boggle. Duuuude, the list goes on. I'm so SOCal too bro. Hooks it up, fo shizzle.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:29 PM

My thinking is if someone has a proven track record of winning consistently at 5/10 and 10/20 6-max, then the chances that they have an adequate bankroll for those limits and are willing to accept the swings are pretty good. So there's really no incentive to share their profits.

I'm sure you could get people interested in signing up with you. I just don't think these people will have the winning record that you require.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My thinking is if someone has a proven track record of winning consistently at 5/10 and 10/20 6-max, then the chances that they have an adequate bankroll for those limits and are willing to accept the swings are pretty good. So there's really no incentive to share their profits.

I'm sure you could get people interested in signing up with you. I just don't think these people will have the winning record that you require.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like an odd combination: a person who wins consistently at 5/10 or 10/20 6 max, yet cannot bankroll themself. How did they log 100k hands of +EV in the first place?! Something catastrophic must've happened in their life such that they lost their bankroll and had to either move down in limit or quit entirely. I'd love to hear these stories. I think the movie/book rights might be the real +EV move here.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:01 PM

If the player is a winning player who is underbankrolled(maybe they were in a car accident or something), the universe provides a pretty decent alternative to staking: playing a lower limit. A winning 5/10 6max player could go from $300 playing .5/1 back to 5/10 in what, a month? So for a staking arrangement to be worthwhile for a winning player, your cut would have to be tiny. But you're lending money to broke gamblers, you'd be an idiot to agree to a small cut under the usual "losses on me, some of your winnings back" system.

Staking pretty much can't be mutually beneficial.