Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Having trouble with play right before the final table

What is considered the best way to play the period right before the final table? When it is about 15 to 9 people left. Im starting to notice that my play in this period isnt that strong and I wanted to fix this leak. Should I be playing it like another bubble period and being incredibly aggressive, since people want to make the final table? Should I be taking shots and gambling with a lot of hands?

Alos since I play mostly PS tournaments with there structure at the end of tournaments is there a certain way to play them at there site. For instance less raises and more pushes?
Old 08-19-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Having trouble with play right before the final table

depends alot on the stack sizes(among other things) of u and ur opponents. if i have an average to a dominant stack, i get aggressive as all hell because as you said, people want to make the final table. but u cant forget to slow down as well. i also try not to tangle with the big stacks unless i got a read on them.

if u have a small stack and are trying to just make more money, then play tight. but if u wanna double up so u have a chance to win the sucker, u gotta push a little more liberally.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:19 PM

With a bigger stack against tight players do you have a hand range that your pushing. I have seeen hands like Queen ten, Jack nine, being pushed is this to loose though?
Old 08-19-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With a bigger stack against tight players do you have a hand range that your pushing. I have seeen hands like Queen ten, Jack nine, being pushed is this to loose though?

[/ QUOTE ]

nah. i actually PREFER those hands when i get aggressive with my big stack. 1)because ur cards are usually live if called and 2)ur tight opponents wont wanna mess with you.
when i got my first MTT win, i just picked on the two tight players at my table who would fold to any form of aggression with very strong hands. they would tell me what they were folding, which was idiotic(and yes, i believed them).
as u get closer to teh final table, it becomes more of a play teh person game than the cards