Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 09:45 AM

Default What kind of line here?

I am playing 1/2 NL at the Flamingo, full table.

If you know anything about these games, they are extremily loose, and very easy money. The only problem is that the loose players make bad beats happen quite often. In this hand, I have reads on both the SB and BB, but the MP player is new. SB and BB are very loose, and both will be out with their flush draws, and will call any size bet with an A or with a flush draw. MP has shown one hand, K5o, which he called $17 raise with, when he angrily lost with second pair.

I am UTG+1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I have about $300 in front of me. Folded to me, I make it $11 to go. MP calls, with about $95 behind. Two others call, and SB and BB call, SB with about $185, BB with $400.

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB comes out with a $25 bet. BB calls. I call, hoping to see a safe club so I can pound the turn. then, MP min-raises to $50. Here, I still feel confident I have the best hand, for what he showed before and just how he acted. The blinds both call, and I call hoping for a safe turn still.

The turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Wonderful. Both blinds check, so I bet a strait $100. Mp calls all-in, and both the blinds call.

The river comes the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB goes all-in for his last $35. The BB thinks and calls. I call.

What could/should I have done differently. Furthermore, should I even call this last bet? The pot is huge by now. I KNEW I was beat, but I felt I had to call here rergardless.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Re: What kind of line here?

If games are lose as you say, then play your hands like this much more agressive. Only then you can expect someone to fold. In this hand if I were you I would bet allin, bcoz you wouldnt fold on river anyway. And that allin maybe can take off some chasers. And I should bet flop much harder, if raised then.... depend on your feeling.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: What kind of line here?

The Dr's right. Going all in on the turn you're still betting less than the pot, so it's not a crazy huge bet. You're going to put it all in on the river anyway, and here you might induce draws to fold.