Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2003, 06:30 PM

Default A thought to Mason

Mason I was doing some thinking and got this idea that since I and many others have several questions about HPFAP and you and Dave being the authors with Ray Zees contributions perhaps there should be a forum exclusively to clarify our quaries on 2 + 2..
All I would ask and perhaps others as well that if the answers we receive arent correct or misleading that you or Dave or Ray or John F. intervene and clarify the question as to the right response etc..
Theres two ways to go about this; we take one chapter at a time per week or just post quaries as we see fit..
Another thought is that the forum could be closed to only those that have the book and to gain excess to the forum you need a password which can only be obtained by submitting the bar code from our book..
This idea definitely would generate interest and push the book to greater sales. Theres many positives to this concept for us the aspiring die hards.
I am going to post this letter as well on 2+2 in many spots and see what responses come about.
jim
Old 04-01-2003, 06:37 PM

Default Re: A thought to Mason

starts sounding alot like free lessons. and lots of work. i post here for fun.
it is a good idea though and has lots of merit. for me it wont happen until we charge for use of the forum.
Old 04-01-2003, 06:39 PM

fyi all the books have the same bar code.

heh
Old 04-01-2003, 07:06 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

maybe youre new. but many of the HPFAP is discussed here. along with the sound reasoning behind it. much of it has many answers and uses. it sounds like you want to be spoon fed a cookie cutter approach. there isnt one in holdem. too many variables. id suggest getting more involved in the forum. if you have a question, post it. there are many great ideas that will come back.

"Theres two ways to go about this; we take one chapter at a time per week or just post quaries as we see fit.. "

what do you think the hand posts do? this ones already being done. it's just not spelled out. when you post a query the most common answer you'll get is, 'post some hands'. and that is the easiest thing to do. look at how much response the 'newbie chronicles' got. and he didnt even play a real hand.

"Another thought is that the forum could be closed to only those that have the book and to gain excess to the forum you need a password which can only be obtained by submitting the bar code from our book.. "

if you were around when the brier/ciaffone book came out, youd have a great additive to the book with how much that book was disected. there are many other books/ideas discussed on here that make this a great forum from other great books other than just HPFAP. this 'new' forum would likely be deserted.

responders are many times using references about the HPFAP book all the time. there's no reason to isolate it into one forum. this isnt like RGP where you have to dig and dig to get anything useful. the best stuff for which to learn from isnt in the internet forum here, btw.

b
Old 04-01-2003, 07:42 PM

where is the best stuff bernie?
Old 04-02-2003, 12:36 AM

the archives

b
Old 04-02-2003, 10:36 PM

Default Bernie

Bernie your way off base about me and the intent. but i`ll let you see it as you wish.

jim
Old 04-02-2003, 11:48 PM

Grab a question you have and post it to the holdem-general forum.

I did it and got some good responses. And I'm about to do it again.

Also there is benefit here for the authors IMO. They learn areas of the book that could use fine-tuning or more examples, or whatever. It helps them make a better book.

Good luck with your questions,

-Scott
Old 04-03-2003, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Bernie

what youre asking is already being done, isnt it? unless your thinking of it in terms of a specific 'book' discussion group.

"but i`ll let you see it as you wish."

i gave many possibilities in my response i thought. but feel free to enlighten me. as ray also stated but in not as many words as i used, 'sounds like free lessons'. feel free to respond to him also.

b
Old 04-03-2003, 03:25 AM

Hi Jim:

I don't know if this is such a good idea for David and myself. Right at the moment, we both are having trouble with keeping up with everything. These forums, though very important, are just a small part of Two Plus Two and our responsibilities. Because of that, I do not want to make any additional committments at this time.

However, if you have any questions about HPFAP or any of our other books, feel free to post them.

Best wishes,
Mason