Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 11:02 AM

Default 5/10 2pair meets LAG

Villain is 58/27/3.8

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 08-18-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: 5/10 2pair meets LAG

I don't like the preflop limp and would rather 3-bet the turn. Why stop n'go, he isn't getting away from anything if you 3-bet and may cap better hands on the turn. Plus a diamond may kill you action.

It so "dependish" because lag a is such a generic and open-ended term, but I hate playing small, unpaired stuff OOP v. loose and aggressive opponents, expecially when I start off on the weak side of things.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:51 AM

(havent read other replys)
my two cents,

3-bet this turn every time, and lead/call the river if a non-ace hits when he caps on fourth street.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:17 PM

I'd muck it preflop vs. this guy. It's a pretty marginal hand OOP in a blind battle and he's going to raise 85% of the time you limp. Likewise if you raise he's calling about 95% of the time, so your folding equity sucks.

This guy's not just a LAG, but a full blown maniac. I'd be willing to cap the flop and a non-diamond turn before I slow down. He could be doing this with any 1-diamond pair combo, or an overpair.

The line I'd probably end up taking is donk betting the flop/smooth call a raise. Then donk bet the non-diamond turn and 3-bet his autoraise.