Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 06:17 AM

Default What type of consistency can a good player expect?

I was wondering what a typical week is like for most of you all in terms of buyins and profits. Such as how often do you have a losing day and if so how many buyins do you usually lose? Is losing 2-3 buyins very uncommon? How about 4-5? Very rare? Do you mostly have winning days and have a losing day maybe once during the week? If a player is losing 2-3 buyins every 3-4 days is this a sign of concern? Should a good player stay consistent to the point where they can go a week or two or three without losing one full buyin? Or is this unreasonable. Just looking for some type of feed back on consistency.. something along the lines of "most weeks the most ill drop is 2 buyins at one point maybe...and then on rare occasions ill lose up to 4-5" or whatever the case may be for you.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Re: What type of consistency can a good player expect?

[ QUOTE ]
Should a good player stay consistent to the point where they can go a week or two or three without losing one full buyin? Or is this unreasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's unreasonable.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:38 AM

I figured as much... thus im looking for explanation on what would be reasonable [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured as much... thus im looking for explanation on what would be reasonable [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

when you start to call off your stack w/ mid pair on the flop for 100bbs+ vs anyone not insane, you know you're not playing well.

needless to say, i did not play so well today
Old 08-18-2005, 12:17 PM

Multitabling, I sometimes lose a stack even on my good days. My bad days tend to be less than two buyins down, because that's about where I give up for the day, and try again tomorrow. My general pattern seems to be that I get a win streak going, then lose a couple days, then get back on my feet (but that's just me.)

To me, losing any amount is always a sign of concern. I try to use losses to improve my play. Losing slowly over an extended period of time would be a big red flag that something needs to change.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:27 PM

2K hands a day, typical week 4K I play 400's 6 max on pp, worst day ever was a day on NL 600 dropped 3K in a day. Best day ever was NL 400 3.3K Lost 2-3 buy ins is a 1-2 times a week thing. Winning 2-5 buy ins is 2-3 times a week and winning 5+ buy ins in a 0-1 times a week thing